Sexual violence

View domestic abuse - sexual violence services

If you have been raped or sexually assaulted, or you are a parent of child who has been abused, there are services to help you, whether you want to report to police or not. 

There are two ways to get help which are set out below – these services work together so it doesn’t matter where you start.

Both services will listen, respect and believe you.

St Mary’s Sexual Assault Centre (SARC), which is based at St Mary’s hospital in Manchester, offers:

  • Forensic and medical care

If you have recently been raped or sexually assaulted, please contact St Mary’s Sexual Assault Referral Centre on 0161 276 6515 or phone the Police on 999.

The Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Centre (RASASC) provides initial advice and longer term support including:

  • Information Line
  • Independent Sexual Violence Advisors
  • Independent Sexual Violence Advisors
  • Specialist Counselling
  • Services for Children

Sexual abuse of children is when a child or young person is forced or coerced into taking part in any kind of sexual activity with an adult or another young person. It can happen to anyone of any age or gender. RASASC provide advisory and therapeutic support services for children and their parents or carers.

If you want to talk to someone please ring the Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Centre (RASASC) on 01260 697900 or 0330 363 0063.

You can also visit the Rape centre website or email the Rape centre for advice. Information is also available on the SARC Website

Document accessibility

Page last reviewed: 23 February 2021

Contact details

Cheshire East Domestic Abuse Hub
Telephone: 0300 123 5101

In an emergency call 999

Find a service