Open the Door
Friends, family, colleagues, neighbours all have an important role in getting help to people as early as possible in their experience of abuse. We know these are the first people that others turn to or who might notice that a relationship is not quite right.
Open the DoorOpen the Door is a Cheshire wide campaign aimed at supporting people to help themselves and one another with tips, advice, information and stories to build up knowledge and confidence to recognise the signs of abuse and start a conversation that leads to early support.
You can play your part by:
- putting up publicity in your pub, sports centre, school, church….so that everyone knows how to get help (order from email@example.com)
- finding a quiet, safe time to ask the person you care about ‘how are things at home’
- knowing that Cheshire East Domestic Abuse Hub is there to help 24/7 on 0300 123 5101 if you need to get more support.
- spreading the word on social media #openthedoor
- inviting someone from our specialist services to raise awareness in your community group
Remember we are there to help both those who are harmed and those who harm others and want to change.
If someone is in immediate danger never hesitate to call 999