Cheshire East Public Transport News and Notices
Last updated 14 December 2017:
Bus services should be registered with a minimum of 56 days notice, although registrations may be granted at short notice. GOV.UK has more information about running local bus services and penalties for poor service.
In the UK bus routes are required to be registered under the Transport Act 1985. You can find details of registered routes at:
Bus operators and complaints
Please contact the Operator for further information regarding individual services and fare information.
- Hollinshead's Coaches Tel: 01782 512209
- Mikro Coaches Tel: 01270 588 687
- Springfield Bus and Coach Tel: 01925 210044
- Stagecoach Tel: 0161 273 3377
- Tomlinson Travel Tel: 01606 551 698
- Traveline Tel: 0871 200 22 33 (open 7 days a week 8am to 8pm)
319 Tomlinson Travel Emergency Timetable for Thursday 14 December 2017 only
An emergency timetable will be operating on the 319 service on Thursday 14 December only.
Works on M6 overbridge at Hassall Green
20 July to Jan 2018
Highways England will be working on the M6 overbridge at Hassall Green between 20th July and Jan 2018. Service 78 will be diverted via Sandbach Road North, Chells Hill, A533 and New Inn Lane. Hassall Green passengers can board the bus at the triangle junction of New Inn Lane and Betchton Road.
Bus service changes in date order
You can order Cheshire East bus timetables to your home address or pick one up from Cheshire East libraries or customer centres.
Sunday 28 January 2018
- 37, 37A, 37E Arriva PC0002598/202 Crewe - Northwich: timing changes between Crewe and Sandbach.
- 38 Arriva PC0002598/99 Crewe - Macclesfield: timetable revised.
- 130 Arriva PC0002598/290 Macclesfield - Manchester (PDF, 147KB): route and timetable revised. Macclesfield College section of route and journeys withdrawn. Service reduced to hourly Monday - Saturday.
- 358, 360 Stagecoach PC0003681/11 Stockport - Hayfield: timetable revised.
Saturday 27 January 2018
- 32 D&G Bus PC1090231/72 Crewe - Sandbach: registration cancelled, service withdrawn.
Christmas service changes 24th December to 3rd January 2018
- There will be changes to most bus services over the Christmas and New Year period with early finishes and Saturday / Sunday timetables in operation on some days. Please check with the bus operators for full details (contact details above).
Saturday 2nd December 2017
Sunday 26 November 2017
- 3 First PD0000003/168 Hanley - Alsager - Crewe: timetable revised with the Monday to Saturday evening frequency reduced mostly just affecting Staffordshire journeys. The 1845 Monday to Friday journey from Hanley to Radway Green via Alsager has been withdrawn.
Public transport is now provided by Transport Service Solutions (TSS) - a company owned and controlled by Cheshire East Council.
Bus Stop Information Displays
Passengers can find bus stop timetable displays at over 1100 bus stops in Cheshire East. Where possible we try to update the bus stop displays the day before a service change; although this can be a few days either side on occasion. Each display has a date at the top to show when it was last updated.
Road closures, gritting and disruption information
You can view all the roadworks and road closures in East Cheshire on the Cheshire East Highways Roadworks page.
Passengers and commuters are recommended to follow Cheshire East Highway's Twitter account to receive the latest information on Highway and Transport issues for East Cheshire:
During severe weather passengers and drivers are advised to check the weather forecast for Cheshire or visit the Met Office website for details of the latest weather forecast and weather warnings so they can make an informed decision before travelling.