Clinical Application of MyCareView Patient Portal
The NHS App with MyCareView – new for East Cheshire
Convenience for patients. New possibilities for clinicians.
Patients registered to a GP in East Cheshire can now enjoy the control and convenience of the NHS App. As well as access to Primary Care information, patients can access the MyCareView patient portal powered by UK software vendor Patients Know Best.
This means they’ll have access to secondary care appointments and letters, and the ability to upload measurements all within the NHS App itself. MyCareView patient portal can be accessed through NHS App or directly in a browser-based portal using their NHS Login. Individuals can share their record with family or other people involved in their care. They will be using a secure and trusted service to manage their information. The MyCareView Privacy notice explains how this works
If you’re a clinician, the MyCareView patient portal allows clinical teams from multiple organisations to access patient-added measurements, information from other health providers, and optionally to securely communicate with patients and share information through documents or even care plans.
For our clinicians, the NHS App with MyCareView provides the go-to solution for anything to do with patient communications
It’s the ideal, and secure platform for:
- Capturing measurements and data - for example, patient-captured measurements and symptoms related to long-term conditions such as hypertension
- Publishing video appointment links
- Securely messaging patients
- Sharing care plans and questionnaires
- Embedding Patient Initiated Follow Up in your care pathway
- Sharing patient information such as maternity care
Further information for healthcare professionals is available on the Patients Know Best Healthcare Professionals page.
Further information for Patients is available on the NHS App information page
Five things for every clinician in East Cheshire to do right now:
- Download the NHS App – start using the MyCareView functionality to see for yourself what your patients can see (requires you to be registered with a GP in East Cheshire).
- Encourage your patients to start using it – by following a few simple steps once they’ve downloaded from either the Apple App store, or Google Play.
- Think about how you could use it to improve patient care – whether it’s asking patients to self-monitor by adding their measurements manually or integrating their favourite monitoring device to do this (for example, hypertension).
- Talk to your colleagues about it – and encourage them to use it as the go-to solution for patient communications.
- Talk to your local lead East Cheshire NHS Trust or Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust on how to use it for creating a more seamless, more informed way of improving patient care.
Three example scenarios are provided below which can be directly supported in the MyCareView Patient Portal, for patients registered with a GP in East Cheshire
Examples of clinical and patient uses of the solution elsewhere nationally can be found by following this link: Case Studies | Patients Know Best
The following checkboxes are used for accordion drop-downs. When selected, they show content that was visually hidden
Page last reviewed: 09 September 2022