Do you need help with your sight?

Local visual impairment support services

If you, or someone you know, has a sight impairment, then you may need help to live independently.

Cheshire East Council have a Visual Impairment Team which supports people of all ages who are registered blind or partially sighted.

This includes:

  • assessment of people with visual impairment
  • registration of sight loss - Certification of Vision Impairment
  • rehabilitation support to assist in daily living skills
  • mobility training for safe independent travel
  • equipment provision and demonstration to help with daily living tasks
  • support and advice to assist people with access to activities in their local community
  • referral and signposting to other services, voluntary organisations and groups/

Contact Adult Social Care for more information.

Find more information about Visual Impairment and Apps that can help

Equipment and Adaptations

Advice on Equipment and Adaptations to help you live your everyday life is also available on Live Well.


Sight tests and advice are also available from local opticians.

Page last reviewed: 12 January 2021

Find a service