Local health providers
The NHS in East Cheshire
There are two main types of health services provided by the NHS in East Cheshire. These are community based services and hospital based services.
Community and hospital based health services are mainly commissioned by NHS Cheshire and Merseyside Integrated Care Board and NHS England
The Clinical Commissioning Group that covers Cheshire East is NHS Cheshire CCG and you can find out more on the website https://www.cheshireccg.nhs.uk
The Local Authority also commission some health services including public health and 0-19 services.
The hospital based services provided by the NHS in East Cheshire are primarily provided by Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and the East Cheshire NHS Trust.
- Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust operates the hospitals in Crewe (Leighton)
- East Cheshire NHS Trust operates hospitals in Congleton, Knutsford and Macclesfield
- East Cheshire NHS Trustand Central Cheshire Integrated Care Partnership operate community services in East Cheshire
- Cheshire and Wirral Partnership Trust provide Learning Disabilities and Mental Health Services
- Wirral Community Trust provide other health services for children and young people aged 0-19
Non-NHS Health Services
There are a lot of health based services provided in East Cheshire that are not owned, managed or operated by the NHS.
Some of these services and organisations in East Cheshire are commissioned by the NHS to help the NHS. These organisations can include private hospitals, opticians and dentists.
Finding information on local health services
Local health providers have contributed details of many local health services for children and young people (both hospital based and community services) in the information Cheshire East Live Well directory - for more information, see the Health matters category, or for local health services for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities, see the Local Offer for SEND - Health category.
For a full list of health services in Cheshire East please visit NHS Choices - Health services near you. This can be used to find a local GP, Hospital or Dentist as well as Pharmacies, amongst other health services.
Page last reviewed: 10 March 2023