Housing advice


Leaving the armed forces

If you are planning to leave the armed forces, you can make your application for social housing in advance or you can look to rent privately.

You may be eligible for some support with a deposit and rent in advance.

The Cheshire East Armed Forces Covenant provide support and a range of other information for the armed forces community who work or live in Cheshire East.

Further housing advice for people leaving the armed forces (PDF, 43KB)

Contact the Housing Options team

If you are facing homelessness upon being discharged from the Armed Forces, contact the Housing Options Team on 0300 123 5017 (option 1).

You will be supported by our team as soon as you let us see a copy of your discharge papers.

Page last reviewed: 20 May 2024