Our social media accounts
We use the following social media channels. While we aim to respond, if its an emergency please contact us via our formal channels. Our social media policy.
- @CheshireEast - news, views and announcements from the Cheshire East Council communications team and services across the Council.
- @CECLibraries - official channel featuring Cheshire East Libraries news and events - providing information and inspiration for learning and leisure.
- @CECRangers - updates from Cheshire East Ranger service who enhance and protect the countryside and urban sites within Cheshire East, while promoting the use of the Council’s outdoor recreational facilities.
- @youcanfoster - Cheshire East Council's Fostering Service providing support and high quality training for our foster carers and safe, loving homes for all our cared for children.
- @Four4adoption - four councils working together to provide a brighter future. View life differently. Adopt a child.
- @FISCheshireEast - Family Information Service - A free, impartial advice and guidance service for families and those who work with them.
- @CECresearch - The Research and Consultation team at Cheshire East Council. Join our Digital Influence Panel.
- @tatton_park - events, news and updates from the historic estate of Tatton Park and its 50 acres of award winning gardens.
- @CECHighways - latest news from Cheshire East Highways, upcoming roadworks, and emergency communications about Cheshire East's road network.
- @CECPartnerships - bringing organisations and residents together to identify and address local issues.
- @CEC_TS - Cheshire East Trading Standards, protecting consumers and honest businesses.
- www.facebook.com/CheshireEastCouncil - like us on Facebook and help celebrate Cheshire East, its culture, environment, people and places. Keep up to date with news and events from Cheshire East Council.
- www.facebook.com/CECRangers - Cheshire East Countryside Ranger Service news and events for the enjoyment of residents and visitors. Country parks, linear trails, picnic areas and other areas of open space in Cheshire East.
- Find your nearest library - each library in Cheshire East has its own Facebook page.
Social media policy
Where social media platforms have their own rules we will follow them. Any contributions or comments that are made on our social media profiles will be removed if they break the rules set by the platform owner or as per our own policy standards as listed below.Whilst the Council has a range of social media channels, the communications team is responsible for the corporate Cheshire East accounts and this policy relates to this account only.
We encourage people to follow and like our corporate accounts as they contain information that works towards meeting our vision of engaging the public by providing accurate, up-to-date information, especially during emergency situations. The corporate channels should be seen as best practice by other services with Cheshire East council who use social media and consistency of our messages across the organisation should be seen as a priority to reduce reputational risk.
Our corporate account social media seeks to provide information on;
- Our activities and priorities
- News, events and campaigns
- Emergency communications- for example weather and road alerts, or major incidents.