Gaming permits (gambling act 2005)
There are a range of permits for gambling that we can grant. They are required when premises provide a gambling facility but either the stakes and prizes are very low or gambling is not the main use of the gaming machines in a specific premises. We issue the following types of Permit under the Act:
Gaming permits or gambling premises licence?
You do not need to apply for Gaming Permits if you already have, or think that you actually need a Gambling Premises Licence. There are several key differences between these Permits and a Gambling Premises Licence:
- Permit applicants/holders are not required to have an Operating Licence issued by the Gambling Commission
- There are no responsible authorities or interested parties in relation to Permit applications
- We can only grant or reject Permits, we can not attach conditions.
- The Gambling Commission has less power and involvement in relation to Permits than they do with a Gambling Premises Licence.
- With the exception of Permits relating to alcohol licensed premises, Permits are of limited duration and require renewal.
If you require further advice, please contact us on the details below.