Prize gaming permit
We are asking customers to only submit essential applications. Please be aware that it may take some time to review and process your application. You should expect most applications to take longer than normal to process.
Prize gaming is intended to permit low level gaming for small participation fees and modest prizes. Bingo played at seaside amusement arcades is typical of this type of gaming.
Prize gaming normally consists of low stakes and prizes. It can comprise of a variety of games, providing that the participation fees and prizes do not exceed prescribed limits. The prize can be a cash or non-cash prize.
Do not apply if you have or think you may need a Premises Licence.
A permit lasts for 10 years but may lapse in this time if circumstances outlined in the original application change.
Information on the fees for this licence
Application evaluation process
- we can either grant or refuse an application for a permit, but we cannot add conditions
- prize gaming permits do not permit the provision of gaming machines and only certain equipment such as mechanised cash bingo equipment for example, may be used for prize gaming and not be treated as a gaming machine
- an application for a permit can only be made by a person who occupies or plans to occupy the relevant premises and if the applicant is an individual, s/he must be aged 18 or over
- holders of premises licences under the Act and holders of club gaming permits may not apply for prize gaming permits
- applicants are not required to have an operating licence issued by the Gambling Commission