Elective home education

You have a legal duty, as parents and carers, to ensure your child receives an adequate education, but this does not have to be in a school. A suitable education should prepare a child for life in a modern society and encourage them to reach their full potential, although there is no rule about what a suitable education might be.

The Elective Home Education Team can provide information and assistance with questions on educating a child at home.  You can use these websites as a starting point for research into Elective Home Education.  

Educating children at home

Parents may educate their children at home instead of school if they choose to do so. Most parents do choose to send their children to school but under UK law it is education that is compulsory, not schooling, Visit the Gov.uk site for information about Educating your child at home.

Contact us

Elective Home Education Consultant

Phone: 01270 685973

Elective Home Education Business Support

Phone: 01270 375255

Email: EHE@cheshireeast.gov.uk

Rate this page

We value your feedback. How do you rate this information?