Come along to our new after-school reading and activity group. Books and crafts chosen with 4 - 7 year olds in mind. Starts Friday 17 February. Free and no need to book. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
The detention detectives
On Thursday 23 February at 11.00am, become a Detention Detective and follow the clues to solve the mystery. Bring friends and family and work as a team. Children's author Lis Jardine will be joining us for this fabulous free event based on her book, The Detention Detectives. Suitable for children aged 7 and over, accompanied by an adult. Please book as places are limited.
Sandbach Library on Facebook
Activities at Sandbach Library
- Stories and Songs - 10.30 - 11.00am - weekly, in term time only. Stories, rhymes and activities for pre-school children and their grown-ups. Great for active toddlers – sitting is optional! Free; no need to book in advance
- Baby Rhymetime - 2.00 - 2.30pm - weekly, in term time only. Suitable for babies under 1 year. Free, drop-in activity
- Crafts for Adults - 10.00am - monthly. Join us at our friendly session, where you can try out crafts and meet new people. All materials for the craft are provided. There is a charge of £1.50 per person including materials and refreshments. No need to book, just come along and join in. Forthcoming dates are 14 February, 14 March and 18 April
- Rhymetime - 10.30 - 11.00am - weekly. Suitable for pre-school children. Free, drop-in activity
- Stories and Crafts - 10.30 - 11.00am - weekly, in term time only. Crafts, stories, rhymes, Duplo and games for pre-school children and their parent/carer. Free; no need to book in advance
- Bookworm Bunch - 3.30 - 4.00pm - weekly from 17 February. Come along to our after-school reading and activity group. Books and crafts chosen with 4 - 7 year olds in mind. Free; no need to book. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Upcoming dates are 17 and 24 February, 3 and 10 March
- Knit and Knatter - 11.00am - monthly. Do you have a knitting project on the go? Do you like crochet or sewing? Whatever your project, why not bring it down to the library and share your skills with others. Or if you'd like to learn come along with your own materials and we'll help you to get started. A great opportunity to meet new people. Free; no need to book. Refreshments available. Forthcoming dates are 10 February, 10 March and 14 April
- Shared Reading - 10.00am - monthly. Shared Reading is all about accessing books and stories in a relaxing and informal setting. This activity brings people together and books to life. Listen as the story and poem are being read aloud and join in as we pause and talk about what we have read and share the feelings, thoughts and memories provoked by the text. Free; no need to book, just come along and join us. Refreshments available. Forthcoming dates are 24 February, 31 March and 28 April
Other organisations in this library
Sandbach Readers are a reading group that meets in the library on the first Wednesday of each month at 6.30 – 7.30pm. There is a small charge to take part. New members are welcome. Contact the library for further details.
U3A information desk
The University of the Third Age (U3A) information desk will be in the library on the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month at 9.30 – 11.30am.
The Springboard Work Hub is open at Sandbach Library on Wednesdays.
If you would like a 121 meeting with Springboard's careers advisor, appointments are available from 9.30am - 11.00am. You can book a appointment on the Springboard website, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or on the telephone (07580 722 042). Alternatively, drop-in sessions are available from 11.00am - 12.00 noon.
Page last reviewed: 27 January 2023
Thank you for your feedback.