Treework applications

Applying to work on protected trees

To apply for treework consent (trees protected by a tree preservation order) or give treework notice (trees in a conservation area) use the Planning Portal. We no longer accept treework applications or notices direct.

Application information is available to the public and may be sent to neighbours and other third parties. If you are including private information you do not want us to share, note this on your form so we can exclude it.

Planning Portal tree work application guidance

For full information about protected trees and the treework application and notice processes (including appeals), see tree and hedgework permissions.

Specialist advice

We recommend working with qualified tree specialists

Contact the trees team

0300 123 5014

Page last reviewed: 31 January 2022