Town and parish councils (local councils)
Local councils are a critical part of the local government infrastructure and have a significant range of powers and duties, giving them a unique and specific role within the community. Local councils undertake some of these duties and powers to varying levels and degrees and many raise local precepts for the services they deliver.
Local councils have a key role in representing communities, empowering localities and helping to deliver local services. There are 11 town councils, 97 parish councils and 7 parish meetings and there is a vast difference in size and profile for each.
Current casual vacancies
Should an Election be called for any of the vacancies advertised, due to Covid 19 restrictions no Election will be held until May 2021 or at such time that the Government legislates that it is safe for elections to be held sooner
- Notice of casual vacancy - Parish of High Legh (PDF, 112KB)
- Notice of casual vacancy - Bollington Town Council, East Ward (PDF, 26KB)
- Notice of casual vacancy - Parish of Audlem (PDF, 106KB)
- Notice of casual vacancy - Parish of Odd Rode (PDF, 109KB)
- Notice of casual vacancy - Parish of Bunbury (PDF, 102KB)
- Notice of casual vacancy - Parish of Brindley (PDF, 15KB)
- Notice of casual vacancy - Adlington Parish Council (PDF, 91KB)
- Notice of casual vacancy - Haslington Parish Council (PDF, 12KB)
- Notice of Vacancy – Parish of Peover Inferior (PDF, 562KB)
- Notice of casual vacancy - Wybunbury Parish Council (PDF, 104KB)
For information about the layout of a notice of vacancy or for a copy template contact Electoral Services 01270 685922.