Useful links for Town and Parish Councils
The following organisations provide support for Town and Parish Councils.
Cheshire Association of Local Councils (ChALC)
Cheshire East Council has commissioned Cheshire Association of Local Councils (ChALC) to work with Town and Parish Councils to support them in their continued efforts to make a positive impact in the Borough. For further details, please see the Cheshire Association of Local Councils website.
ChALC is a constituted member based organisation whose primary role is the support of Town and Parish Councils through:
- Office based support available from Monday to Friday 09.00 - 17.00
- Website with active 'Members Only' area
- Weekly ChALC e-bulletins updating members on changes both locally and nationally that will have an impact on their business and operation
- Model documents such as standing orders, financial regulations and risk assessments
- Employment advice and support.
- Collaboration with Cheshire East Council to deliver a minimum of two Town and Parish Council conferences per annum
- Advice on the obligations of the Code of Conduct
- Interpretation of new law and access to specialist legal advice
In addition ChALC delivers a comprehensive program of training with considerable reductions in cost for members.
Page last reviewed: 07 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback.