Apply for a child employment licence
If you are employing a child, you must apply for a child employment licence within 7 days of the child starting work. There is no charge for a licence.
Before you applyfor a child employment licence
Before you apply for a child employment licence, you must:
How to applyfor a child employment licence
To apply, complete the Child employment licence application form (Word, 55KB) and send it to us.
The licence application form is in three parts:
- a section for the employer to complete about what type of work the child will be doing
- a section for the parent/carer to complete to give permission
- a medical details section for the parent to complete to confirm the child is fit to carry out the work
You can email the form or post it to:
Attendance and Children Out of School Team,
Floor 5, Delamere House,
For information about how we handle personal data, see our children in employment and education privacy notice.
After you applyfor a child employment licence
We will issue a child employment licence if we are satisfied that all the following apply:
- the work is legal
- the child's health, welfare or education will not suffer
- the child is fit to do the work
We may then visit you at any point to check working arrangements meet the regulations. You may be prosecuted if they do not.
Cheshire East child employment bylaws (PDF, 49KB)
Phone: 01270 686199