Cheshire East Lifelong Learning team
Employment skills and community learning
We deliver and work with local organisations to create learning opportunities, courses and classes. Our own team of tutors deliver maths, English, employability and English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) courses.
As a team we deliver a range of courses from accredited vocational programmes to practical life skills courses that widen participation in learning. See the Education and Skills Funding Agency to find out more about how we fund these courses.
Below are details from our partner agencies with regards to their provisions.
- AuFait training - Deliver qualifications in areas such as Business Administration, Team Leading and Customer Service
- Cheshire Learning Partnership - Run 'Work Clubs' for those seeking employment, as well as qualifications and courses on topics such as ECDL, Cookery, Construction, Completing Application Forms and Interview Skills
- Macclesfield Disability Information Bureau - Deliver courses and qualifications such as Using a computer keyboard, Using the internet, Word Processing Software
- VITA Skills - Offer qualifications in Beauty Services and Foster Care
- Worker's Education Association - Teach Sign Language and Lip Reading skills
- Wilmslow Guild - Exercise to music classes for people aged 50 and over are available
- Wishing Well - Offer opportunities to re-engage with learning by offering courses such as Reiki, First Aid, Assertiveness, and Life Skills
- NTG Training - Deliver qualifications in Retail and Commercial Enterpirse such as BTEC in the Principles of Warehouse & Storage
The council uses sub-contracted delivery as its main method of delivering adult education. This policy applies to all sub-contractors paid for by the Education and Skills Funding Agency Adult Education Budget that the council manages on its behalf.
Congratulations to Macclesfield Disability Information Bureau
Macclesfield Disability Information Bureau have recently won "Charity of the Year" for their outstanding work.
"We are tremendously excited and immensely proud to let you know we won Charity of the Year 2018 at the North East Cheshire Business Awards
Having our work recognised like this is a huge honour.We are a small charity with a proud history. Established in Macclesfield in 1993, we provide holistic services specific to the needs of disabled communities across Cheshire East. Many of these people find themselves hidden from view and isolated from society, and all our resources go into combatting the risks they face.We have a fantastic team of 48 active community volunteers that help us do this, and we provide a comprehensive wraparound package of support that includes:
• Accredited training courses
• Employment support
• Personal finance and welfare advice
• Volunteering opportunities
We do not spoon feed our cohort or wrap them in cotton wool. Instead our aim is simple – we encourage independence by empowering them to find the voice, confidence and resilience to make positive changes in their own lives - leveling the playing field when it comes to mental health, wellbeing, employment, and inclusive opportunities.There are exciting times ahead for the DIB, and as a local home grown charity winning this award is invaluable when it comes to raising our profile and developing key business links. Ultimately, it means we can reach and positively impact the lives of more and more of people that need it."
Learn English for free!
We offer English Language Courses (ESOL) in Crewe and Macclesfield. Contact us for more information: