Library discount cards
With a discount card, you can borrow items such as talking books for less and get discounts on reservations, printing and more. The discount card counts as your library membership card, and discounts are applied automatically. For details of discounts, see library charges.
There are two types of discount card. If you do not get any income related or disability benefits, you can buy a discount card for £15 a year. To buy a card, ask at your library.
If you get one of the following benefits, you can get a free Cheshire Leisure Card:
- Attendance Allowance
- Bereavement Support Payment
- Child Benefit - lone parent rate
- Council Tax Reduction - sometimes called Council Tax Support
- Housing Benefit
- Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- New Style Job Seeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Pension Credit
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- NHS Tax Credit Exemption Certificate
- Universal Credit
Asylum Seekers are entitled to services at the concessionary rate.
To get the card, take one form of identity and proof of your benefit or rebate to your library. If your partner qualifies for a Leisure Card, you can apply using their documents plus a document in joint names.
Page last reviewed: 09 October 2023
Thank you for your feedback.