Equality and Diversity
Our aim is to make equality an integral part of the way the Council works by putting it at the centre of everything we do.
Pride in the park
Pride in the park is annual LGBT+ event. Our next Pride in the Park will take place at Queens Park in Crewe on 20 June 2020. See Pride in the Park for further details.
Working in partnership
We are proud to subscribe to the Stonewall Diversity Champions programme. We were pleased to achieve a score of 395 (out of 445) for our first entry to the Work Place Equality Index in 2018.
Working with staff
Our Equality Champions meet once per quarter for training and discussion about Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at Cheshire East. Their role is to:
- assist their team and service with anything related to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI)
- support the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion officer
- share and get involved in opportunities to raise awareness of EDI
- start the conversation with colleagues about EDI
- share best practice and celebrate diversity across the Council and community in Cheshire East.
We established VibranCE, a staff network supporting LGBT + colleagues and allies, in February 2019.
Mental Health first aiders
We’ve ensured that as many of our council offices as possible have dedicated Mental Health First Aiders to support our staff.
Each individual has received this training from Mental Health Foundation England, and with their support, we can continue to ensure that our staffs emotional and mental wellbeing is looked after.