Equality and Diversity
Our aim is to make equality an integral part of the way the council works by putting it at the centre of everything we do.
Pride in the park
We're excited to announce that our Pride in the Park Virtual Pride will take place on Saturday 25 September. The event will normally take place on an annual basis. See Pride in the Park for further details.
Working with staff
Our Equality Champions meet once per quarter for training and discussion about Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at Cheshire East. Their role is to:
- assist their team and service with anything related to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI)
- support the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion officer
- share and get involved in opportunities to raise awareness of EDI
- start the conversation with colleagues about EDI
- share best practice and celebrate diversity across the Council and community in Cheshire East.
We established VibranCE, a staff network supporting LGBT + colleagues and allies, in February 2019.
We launched our BAME (Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic) staff network in June 2020.
The Differently Abled staff network launched in November 2020 to support staff and carers with both physical and hidden disabilities. The group now has a sub-group committed to improving accessibility at work for people with dyslexia.
Mental Health first aiders
We’ve ensured that as many of our council offices as possible have dedicated Mental Health First Aiders to support our staff.
Each individual has received this training from Mental Health Foundation England, and with their support, we can continue to ensure that our staffs emotional and mental wellbeing is looked after.
Page last reviewed: 08 July 2021
Thank you for your feedback.