Alcohol and Entertainment (Licensing Act 2003)

Cheshire East Council is responsible for licensing the sale of alcohol, provision of regulated entertainment and late night refreshment.

Statement of licensing policy

The Licensing Act 2003 requires that each licensing authority writes, consults on and publishes a Statement of Licensing policy (PDF, 611KB). This policy shows how Cheshire East Council will deal with applications in order to promote the four licensing objectives:

  • the prevention of crime and disorder
  • public safety
  • the prevention of public nuisance
  • the protection of children from harm

See children in entertainment

You can see guidance for local residents and businesses with making representations under the Act in our making representations pages.

Complain about a licensed premises

To complain about a licensed premises complete the below online form. The form will take 10 minutes to complete.

 Complain about a licensed premises

To find out how we use your information see our privacy notice (opens in a new window).

To see new or changes to applications for a licence see premises licence applications.

Fees and charges (Licensing Act 2003)

These fees and charges are determined by central government.

Licensing registers

We are working towards providing the Public Register that holds all information on licences and certificates online. You can view the Public Registers at our licensing offices in Macclesfield, Congleton and Crewe.

If you have a specific query about a licence and would like an extract from the public register please call the Council’s Customer Service Department on 0300 123 5015 to order a copy. The fee for this service is £10.50 per entry.

Contact us

Tel: 0300 123 5015

Postal address

Licensing Team
Cheshire East Council
Regulatory Services and Health C/O
Delamere House, Delamere Street

Call in to our Customer Service Centres

Page last reviewed: 20 November 2023