Submitting items to the school bulletin
The schools’ bulletin was created as a way of centralising information from the Local Authority to schools in a condensed manner and to reduce the volume of separate communications to schools
The bulletin is published term time only.
Submit a schools bulletin update
Submitting bulletin items
Before you submit items to the bulletin consider this checklist :
- Who – relevant audience within a school setting
- What – summarise the item in the main body of the bulletin
- When – include event and/or deadline dates
- Where – full venue/area details
- Why – reason the schools need to be aware of this item and any necessary action to be taken
- Include a summary text in the main body of the bulletin item with any additional information provided via a link to your website, ensuring the link heading identifies its content. We recommend that your summary is no more than 100 words
- Acronyms should only be used when accompanied by the full title in the first instance
- Make sure you have edited and spell checked your item prior to submission
- The deadline for submissions is 2pm on Thursday for inclusion the following week. Any submissions received after this will be included one week later.
- As a publicly funded body, the Council cannot promote a cause that exists for profit, therefore any such submissions will be politely rejected.
To find out how we use your information see our privacy notice (opens in a new window)
Page last reviewed: 23 October 2023
Thank you for your feedback.