Safeguarding Adults at risk

Reporting Adult Abuse

Where does the adult live in Cheshire East? 

If the area you are looking for is listed below, please select the Reporting Abuse Form (South).

Congleton, Holmes Chapel, Sandbach, Middlewich, Alsager, Scholar Green, Haslington, Nantwich, Audlem, Crewe, Wrenbury, Bunbury, Malpas, Acton, Wybunbury, Shavington, Cholmondeley, Minshull Vernon, Bridgemere, Audlem, Church Lawton, Mow Cop 

Reporting Abuse Form (South)

If the area you are looking for is listed below, please select the Reporting Abuse Form (East).

Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, Handforth, Chelford, Knutsford, Poynton, Bollington, Disley and Macclesfield

Reporting Abuse Form (East)

Provider Care Concern Incidents

There will be occasions when it is appropriate for provider agencies to respond to incidents of poor quality in care practice without the need to initiate a safeguarding concern and safeguarding procedures.  Poor practice will always require a response because if not challenged it can result in a further deterioration in standards leading to longer term difficulties; in many instances the Provider Manager will be the appropriate person to take remedial action. 

On receiving information about an incident and/or concern, the Provider Manager should determine whether a safeguarding concern needs to be raised or whether it is a concern about poor quality in care practice.  In making the decision the Manager should consider if the concern meets the concern criteria.  If it does then a safeguarding concern needs to be raised using the options below. 

If after considering the nature and seriousness of harm the concern is more a quality in care practice issue than abuse, then the provider should refer to the Guidance on reporting safeguarding concerns to access the link to complete the provider low level incident form. The Provider should summarise the incident (including impact of harm, capacity/views) and the actions put in place for the individual and staff.  As part of the actions, the provider may feel that it is necessary to request an assessment or a review from the appropriate social work team.  All low level incidents are to be completed on this form (if you have multiple concerns to submit, then fill in each concern individually, and press continue to complete multiple returns). The recording needs to be detailed enough to gain a sufficient and accurate picture of the incident.

Page last reviewed: 05 June 2024

Care Finder

If you are a self-funder or a personal budget holder, you can find care and support providers using Care Finder, the online tool to help you source your own care services.

Find out more by visiting the Care Finder information page.

Find a service