Support for carers of adults
View services that provide support for carers of adults
There are many different local support services available in Cheshire East to help you in your caring role, and that meet the needs of the cared for person. Carers have many different needs and there is support, advice and activities available to meet these needs, including:
- health and wellbeing support and activities
- financial support
- carer breaks and carer respite
- relaxation activities
- carer support groups
- carer training and employment
- advice on managing someone else’s affairs.
The council of the person you care for can help you find the right support and you can ask them for a carer’s assessment.
Cheshire East Carer’s Hub
The hub has been commissioned by Cheshire East Council in partnership with the NHS, and is being delivered by n-compass, in partnership with the Alzheimer’s Society. This will ensure adult and young carers receive information and support which is tailored to their individual needs.
The Hub can offer carers a range of support, which may include:
- taking part in 1-2-1 or group based support activities
- helping carers to take a break and do something for themselves
- providing information, advice and guidance on specific topics
- helping carers to access community, health and wellbeing services
- accessing a range of activities and training
- Intensive support to carers (previous known as the Relive Service)
- giving carers the opportunity to apply for funds from the Living Well Fund (criteria needs to be met)
One of the many benefits of the Hub is that it is a single point of contact for all carers, their families and professionals.
Carers UK have produced the some helpful booklets.
Further help and information is available:
The right help at the right time
A carers assessment will identify any needs you have as a carer, or the support you may need in relation to your caring role. If you have eligible support needs, a support plan will be produced which will set out how the carers needs can be met. You can choose to have a direct payment and use the money that you receive from us to arrange your own support.