Temporary amendments to EHC Plans
2 June 2020
Schools will be writing to all parents and carers over the coming days following the recent government announcements regarding temporary amendments to EHC plans. All documents have been co-produced with our Parent Carer Forum, Health, Social Care and the Quality and Inclusion Team.
We want to ensure parents, carers and schools are kept fully up to date with how Cheshire East Council is responding to these new guidelines. Over the past couple of weeks, we have worked together with health and social care partners, educational partners and parent carers to design a document to ensure children and young people’s provision during this current time can be discussed, recorded and reviewed.
We are requesting that schools contact all families, children and young people to complete the form together to ensure that any changes to provision (as outlined in plans) are discussed and agreed.
Once completed copies will be sent by schools/settings back to Cheshire East Council and the parent/carer or young person.
The following documents are attached:
- Blank risk assessment template (MS Word, 89KB)
- Flowchart of process and protocols (PDF, 199KB)
- Exemplar risk assessment Post 16 (PDF, 253KB)
- Exemplar risk assessment to support content for completion - Year 11 Stayed at home with health (PDF, 270KB)
- Exemplar risk assessment to support content for completion - Year 6 Critical worker with health (PDF, 248KB)
- Exemplar risk assessment to support content for completion - Year 6 Stayed at home with health (PDF, 263KB)
- Letter for schools/settings with guidance (PDF, 319KB)
- Letter for parents/carers from Cheshire East Council (PDF, 302KB)
- Guidance document for parents/carers from the Cheshire East Parent Carer Forum (PDF, 367KB)