Cheshire East 0-25 SEND Strategy 2021-24 Approved
Following a public consultation earlier this year, the Cheshire East strategy to support children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities ( SEND ) has now been approved by all partners including Cheshire East Council, Cheshire Clinical Commissioning Group and the Cheshire East SEND Partnership Board.
Thank you to everyone who gave us their views on our priorities over the next three years which are confirmed as:
· Improving communication and coproduction with families.
· Improving access to provision and support.
· Improving timeliness and quality of annual reviews of education, health, and care plans.
· Further developing an effective and supported workforce; and
· Ensuring an effective Covid-19 recovery response.
We’ll be in touch again in the new year with more detail on our plans to address these priorities. In the meantime – there’s lots of information and support parents, carers, children, and young people on our website.
We’d like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a happy Christmas and a peaceful new year, take care, stay safe and see you in 2022.
Mark Bayley, Acting Chair of the Cheshire East 0-25 SEND Partnership and Laura Rogerson, Head of Service for SEN & Inclusion