Information for parents and family of ASC children
The family liaison officer Janet Threader attends carers coffee mornings in Crewe, Macclesfield and Congleton where parents/carers can speak to her in person. Details can be found on our resources page under family information.
Parents or carers can request Janet to contact them directly by phone or email.
Family Liaison Officer work may involve:
- providing advice, support and guidance to parents regarding ASC and other social communication difficulties
- encouraging dialogue between home and school
- provision of information/strategies and practical bespoke resources
- giving parents emotional support and the opportunity to talk about the impact that ASC has on the whole family
- signposting parents to appropriate sources of support and advice
- liaising with other professionals involved with the child
Bespoke training (available on request)
- Please call 01270 685960 to book any training courses.
Page last reviewed: 17 September 2021