Live Well Cheshire East home page
Smoking can have a major impact on your health including how long you live for.
- Smokers under the age of 40 have a five times greater risk of a heart attack than non-smokers
- Smoking causes around 80% of deaths from lung cancer, around 80% of deaths from bronchitis and emphysema, and about 14% of deaths from heart disease
Cheshire East Council has set up the Kickstart Specialist Stop Smoking Service to provide free, friendly advice and support to local people. This includes:
- pregnant women and their partners
- mental health service users
- people who have been in hospital and have recently been discharged.
In addition to this, free non-specialist smoking services are available in the community from a range of different organisations as part of the Council’s ‘ One You Cheshire East’ service.