Local stopping smoking support services
NHS quit smoking information
The NHS quit smoking support pages offer advice, support and also related facts.
Smoking can have a major impact on your health including how long you live for.
- Smokers under the age of 40 have a five times greater risk of a heart attack than non-smokers
- Smoking causes around 80% of deaths from lung cancer, around 80% of deaths from bronchitis and emphysema, and about 14% of deaths from heart disease
Cheshire East Council commissions the One You Cheshire East service where you can choose to be Smoke Free and change your life for the better!
The service supports:
- pregnant women and their partners
- mental health service users
- people who have been in hospital and have recently been discharged.
In addition to this, free non-specialist smoking services are available in the community from a range of different organisations as part of the Council’s ‘One You Cheshire East’ service.
Page last reviewed: 11 May 2022