Help for teachers and professionals who work with children
The national body for personal, social, health and economic (PSHE) education has a wealth of materials that can help teachers, leads and other practitioners to address sexual harassment and abuse in your school, college, learning or activity centre.
What do we mean by Sexual Harassment?
- Sexist name calling
- Sexual comments, remarks and jokes e.g. wolf whistling or catcalling
- Rumours about your sex life
- Pictures you don’t want to send or see e.g. dick pics, nudes, porn
- Being photographed or filmed without your consent
- Circulating pictures or videos you’ve shared without your knowledge or consent
- Pressure to do sexual things you don’t want to
- Unwanted touching
- Sexual assault of any kind
Together with our partners we have created an advertising campaign to raise awareness of sexual harassment. A range of communications are available to download to support your own activities.
Learn more about the SHOUT campaign
Page last reviewed: 08 March 2022