Administering the Free Early Education Entitlement (FEEE)
Resources for childcare providers
The Early Years and Childcare Team support providers commissioned by Cheshire East to deliver the FEEE for two, three and four-year-olds.
Data collection and submission
Parental declaration form – 2, 3 and 4 year olds
Parents must complete the parental declaration form (MS Word 606, KB) before claiming the free entitlement for 2, 3 and 4 year olds.
Parents should sign the form each subsequent term under step 6 (continuation of free entitlement funding claim), confirming there are no changes to the claim for example the number of hours to be claimed remains the same. If any of the details change, including the child’s address, parents need to complete a new form.
Parents can split the funding between providers; providing the hours claimed do not exceed the permitted hours. Step 2 (parent/carer details) should be completed for children claiming up to 30 hours free childcare and/or Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP).
Step 4 obtains parental consent enabling settings to claim Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP) and the Disability Access Fund (DAF).
EYPP is available to improve teaching and learning facilities and resources to impact positively on an eligible child’s progress and development. This is an additional amount paid directly to the provider with the FEEE payment.
3 and 4 year old children receiving Disability Living Allowance and accessing the free entitlement are eligible for the Disability Access Fund (DAF). The purpose of DAF is to support providers to make reasonable adjustments and build the capacity of their setting to support children with disabilities.
To claim funding childcare providers are required to submit their data online, using Cheshire East’s Provider Portal. Prior to the start of the term providers submit each funded child’s data via the Portal to receive an interim payment, 70% of final payment paid prior to the start of term. During the term the funding data is maintained, adding new starters, amending the leaving date and funded weeks of leavers to receive the remaining 30% of the final payment at the end of the term. To submit your data online:
Additional FEEE documents
- DocuSign Signing Guidance (PDF, 230KB)
- Staffing module user notes (MS Word,577KB)
- COVID 19 FEEE Funding Spring 2021 (PDF, 122KB)
- EY Census 2021 Guidance (PDF, 160KB)
- Sufficiency submission guidance notes (MS Word, 171KB)
- Tax free childcare poster (PDF, 209KB)
- Privacy notice - how we use pupil information (MS Word, 49KB)
- Video showing how to complete the Provider Portal
- Important dates to remember for FEEE - Summer erm 2021 (MS Excel, 53KB)
- Important dates to remember for FEEE - Spring term 2021 (MS Excel, 53KB)
- Important dates to remember for FEEE - Autumn term 2020 (MS Excel, 48KB)
- FEEE Charging for additional hours and services (PDF, 386KB)
- FEEE 2020 - 21 Eligible Birth Dates - Funded Weeks (MS Excel, 48KB)
- EYPP leaflet for parents (PDF, 415KB)
- Childcare provider's FAQ on Early Years Pupil Premium EYPP (PDF, 191KB)
- Video showing how to respond to 'Registered Interests'
Free early education and childcare for 2 year olds
Two year old children from families meeting a strict economic criteria, or children who are cared for, can apply for free early education and childcare.
One Minute Guide - Early learning for 2 year olds (PDF, 161KB)
Childcare providers can advise parents they can check their eligibility online
The web address can be found in the free childcare for year olds leaflet below
Alternatively parents can phone the Family Information Service 0300 123 5033