Computer lessons for beginners
Need help setting up an email account or getting online? We can offer you free 1:1 tuition for one hour. Just ask a member of staff for more details.
If you'd like to find out how you can trace your family tree online, book an online family research lesson with our friendly volunteer who will show you how to use Ancestry, Find My Past and other online resources. Contact the library for details.
Congleton Library on Facebook
Activities at Congleton Library
- Code Club - 5.30pm - weekly. Free code club for children aged 7 - 11. learn how to make games, animations and websites. Contact the library to book as places are limited
- Story & Tea (for grown ups!) - 2.30pm - monthly on the fourth Monday of the month. Come along to our friendly reading group with a difference. Relax with refreshments and listen to poetry and short story readings. Contact the library for dates. Free; everyone welcome
- Keen Cooks - 2.15pm - monthly on the second Tuesday of the month. Join the tastiest book group in town! With a different theme each month, we’ll discuss ingredients, swap recipes and share hints & tips over refreshments. Contact the library for dates. Free; all welcome
- Stories and Songs - 10.30 - 11.00am - weekly. Stories, rhymes and activities for pre-school children and their grown-ups. Great for active toddlers – sitting is optional! Free; no need to book in advance
- Crafternoon Tea - 2.00 - 3.30pm - monthly on the first and third Wednesdays of the month. Try a different craft at our monthly group for adults. Meet new people, share skills and relax. No skill required! Only £1.00; includes all materials and refreshments. Booking required. Contact the library for date of next meeting and to book
- Crafty Natter - 2.30 - 3.30pm - on alternate Wednesdays. All crafters and abilities welcome. Come and craft and chat over a cuppa and cake. Contact the library for dates
- Good Vibrations - 10.30 - 11.30am - alternate Wednesdays. Join us for a feel good sing-a-long with guitar accompaniment. Refreshments available. Free; all welcome
- Pre-school Fun - 9.30 - 11.30am - weekly. Games, crafts, stories or colouring. Free, drop-in session
- Storytime - 10.30am - monthly. Super stories, songs and stickers. Free, no need to book. Contact the library for details and dates
- Baby Rhymetime - 2.15 - 2.45pm - weekly. Share songs and rhymes especially chosen for your little ones under 12 months or not yet walking. Bring along a cosy blanket to lie your baby on. Free
- Relish Book group - 1.00 - 3.00pm - weekly. A chance for adults living with mental health issue to socialise, relax and enjoy sharing books that are read together. £3.00, includes refreshments. Call the library for further details
- Rhymetime - 10.30 - 11.00am - weekly. Suitable for pre-school children. Free event
- Let's Chat - 2.00pm - monthly on the first Friday of each month. Do you like to chat? Do you like to meet people? Join us for a cuppa and talk about what is going on around the world and who or what is making the headlines. Free, all welcome
- LEGO club - Join us between 10.00am and 12.00pm (noon) every Saturday. Duplo available for younger children. Free, drop-in activity.
Other organisations in this library
Congleton & District Horticultural Society
Bringing people together who enjoy any aspect of horticulture, be it gardening, growing to show, listening to talks, visiting gardens and much more. Come along on the last Wednesday of the month at 7.30-9.00pm. For more information visit the Society on Facebook.
Congleton Family History Society of Cheshire
Talks are held on the third Tuesday of the month at 7.30pm. Non-members very welcome to attend. For more information contact David on 01625 426173 or Sue on 01260 271714.
East Cheshire Eye Society
There is a drop-in advice desk at the library approximately every 8 weeks. Come along and find out about local services, information and equipment to help people affected by sight loss. Contact East Cheshire Eye Society on 01625 422602 for the date of their next visit.
If you have a hearing loss come along to a free lip reading class every Wednesday at 10.00am-12.00pm, during term time only. For more information contact Debra at firstname.lastname@example.org or text/WhatsApp her on 07754782072.
Tai Chi and Qigong
On Tuesdays at 11.00 - 12.00 noon, find harmony in mind and body using Tai Chi Balls and Qigong. Gentle exercises for all ages. £6.00 per session. Contact Margaret on 01782 519 265 for further details and to book.
Join a welcoming group of women who meet at 1.30-3.30pm on the first Tuesday of each month, to hear interesting speakers, enjoy trips and socialising. For more information contact Mrs Boyle on 01260 276635.
Page last reviewed: 27 January 2023
Thank you for your feedback.