Latest library news
Library order & collect service
How to use your free local Library Order & Collect service:
- Ring or email your local library with the details. Please note that library staff will be available for limited hours only
- Provide your library card number as well as your contact details
- Provide a brief description of the number and type of books you require. Please be aware that the availability of books is limited to what is on the library shelves. Regrettably specific book requests can’t be placed at this time
The library staff will choose books for you up to a maximum of 8 each time. They will issue them to your library card and arrange a collection time with you. You can also return books when you come to collect.
Please wear a face covering when collecting your books.
Although Cheshire East Libraries are not currently open for general use, you can still:
- Borrow books using our free Order & Collect service
- Access a wide range of online services including e-books and e-audiobooks
- Participate in many of your favourite children’s activities online including Rhyme-times, Story times and Mini Makers on your local library Facebook page and on the Cheshire East Libraries YouTube channel
- Hear all about the what the Library staff have been reading. They are keen to share their reading recommendations with you and these can also be seen on your local library’s Facebook page. All our book review videos can also be seen on the Cheshire East Libraries YouTube channel
Springboard Work Hubs are available by appointment only at Crewe, Holmes Chapel and Macclesfield. Please check the library's web page for days and times available and details of how to book an appointment.
Futures Wonder Lab® Challenge
The Futures Wonder Lab® Challenge is an innovation ideas challenge, inspiring you to be problem-solvers for the planet, using your imagination and creativity. This involves wondering how to fix a problem, having ideas, dreaming big and thinking the impossible to invent ways to protect our planet.
We know that young people care about their world, so we launched the Flow In Action Futures Wonder Lab® Challenge to empower children and young people aged 5-16 in Cheshire East as problem-solvers for the planet. Find out more in our Futures Wonder Lab® video.
We’ll share a new Futures Wonder Lab® Challenge with you on the first Saturday of each month throughout the year. You can choose to take on the latest challenge or any of the previous challenges at any point. You'll find details of the challenges that have been launched so far on the Hazu platform.
The fourth challenge, Reinvent Air Travel, launches on Saturday 6 February 2021.
We want you to have incredible ideas. All ideas are good ideas, as long as there is no harm to people or planet. Have your idea, make a poster and/or make a model. You could make a video too. Share your creations by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo (.jpg/.png) or video (.mp4), or post your entry to Holmes Chapel Library, London Road, Holmes Chapel, Cheshire CW4 7AP.
Tell us your name for your certificate and your local library. Please do not include your faces or names on the front of your poster, photo or video, for child safeguarding reasons. We’ll use your initials when we display them in our online gallery or you can give us an avatar name if you prefer. Find out more about how to take part (PDF, 281KB) and how to share your ideas (PDF, 262KB).
Make your voices heard as the new generation of problem-solvers for the planet!