Countryside site annual parking permits terms, conditions and privacy notice
The below terms, conditions and privacy notice relate to the annual parking permits issued for the following sites (including the multi-site permit):
- Tegg's Nose Country Park, Macclesfield
- Brereton Heath Local Nature Reserve, Congleton
- Nelson Pit Visitor Centre, Macclesfield (available as part of the multi-site permit)
Permits can be purchased online via the apply for a countryside parks parking permit
Terms and Conditions
- The annual permit (hereinafter referred to as “permit”) is valid for one calendar year from the date of issue.
- Payment for the permit is to be made via our online form. Use of the permit will be considered as an acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
- The permit is valid for one vehicle only parking at any one time, but may be used by one additional car belonging to a member of the same household, providing that both vehicle registrations are registered at time of application.
- The date of issue shall be the date on which the Council issues the permit. For the avoidance of doubt, it is not the date on which you apply for the permit. The charge for the permit shall reflect those charges that are effect on the date of issue.
- The permit must be displayed prominently when parking in the car park at the site or sites specified on your purchased permit. A driver of a vehicle which is not displaying a permit must purchase a ticket from the pay and display machine in accordance with the scale of charges.
- Holders of permits who are issued with a Penalty Charge Notice because they have failed to display either their permit or a valid ticket from the pay and display machine are liable to pay the Penalty Charge Notice.
- Permits are not transferable.
- Permits are only valid for the controlled hours of each specified car park. Specified hours are detailed below. There is no overnight parking allowed at any of the above countryside sites.
- Charges for annual permits:
Annual parking permit costs for each countryside site
|Countryside Site||Permit Type||Charge|
|Tegg's Nose Country Park (Controlled hours - 10.00am to 10.00pm Monday to Sunday).
|Brereton Heath Local Nature Reserve (Controlled hours - 8.45am each day closes at 5.00pm during the winter, and 8.30pm during British Summer Time).
||Canoe/Fishing Club Member*
|Multi-site permit (An annual permit which allows the holder to park a vehicle at Nelson Pit Visitor Centre, Tegg’s Nose Country Park and Brereton Heath Local Nature Reserve car parks). Nelson Pit controlled hours are 9.00am to 9.00pm Monday to Sunday.
(*an image of membership document is required at time of application)
- If you no longer require the permit, a pro rata refund will be given on surrender of the permit at a rate of one twelfth of the original charge, for each complete month that the permit is no longer required. There will be a charge of £10.00 to cover administration costs.
- Permits which have become damaged will be replaced free of charge only if the damaged permit accompanies a written request for a replacement.
- Please note that there is a £10.00 administrative charge for amending incorrect details provided in the online application form.
- Permits that are lost or stolen will be replaced. A new permit, valid for the remaining months of the original permit, will be provided at a cost of £10.00 to cover administration costs.
- Written requests for pro rata refund, amendments to incorrect details provided on the online application form and replacement permits should be sent to the below address along with a cheque (made payable to ‘Cheshire East Borough Council’) for any administration fee specified above: Countryside Ranger Service, 2nd Floor, Old Municipal Buildings, Earle Street, Crewe, Cheshire CW1 2BJ. Please also include a stamped addressed envelope with any request for a replacement permit.
- Disabled badge holders do not require a permit or pay and display ticket, on the condition that the official disabled badge is displayed prominently for the duration of the parking period. Disabled badge holders who are issued with a Penalty Charge Notice because they have failed to display their disabled badge, or have not displayed it prominently, are liable to pay the Penalty Charge Notice.
- The Council reserves the right not to issue a permit.
- The permit remains the property of Cheshire East Council and must be surrendered upon request.
- Vehicles must be parked in a marked bay (where applicable) and for no longer than the permitted length of time (where applicable).
- All other terms and conditions of use of the parking space remain enforceable.
- Renewals should be applied for at least 4 weeks prior to the current expiry date shown on the permit.
Car parking permits privacy notice
Name of Service
Cheshire East Council Countryside Ranger Service
What personal information is being processed and what for
To purchase an annual car parking permit the Ranger Service requires your contact details; your name and address, car registration number(s), email address and ‘phone number. We need to know if you are a member of the fishing club or a canoe permit holder if you are applying for a permit that covers Brereton Heath Local Nature Reserve. As part of the application we take your payment card information in order to process the annual charge for the permit. The information provided will enable us to authorise and provide you with the parking permit requested on your application form.
Our Online Payments service has been designed to ensure maximum security and confidentiality. When you pay for your annual parking permit, you will be asked to provide your credit/debit card details. Financial transactions are processed within a secure environment to protect your transactions.
This information will only be used to complete the transaction/s and will not be used for any other purpose and is subject to the Councils Data Protection registration and Privacy Statement.
Why we are allowed to use your information
This information is required to provide you with a purchased parking permit.
Who we will share your information with
The personal information will not be shared with anyone other than to process your payment.
Where we get your information from
You provide this information when completing the online car parking permit application process.
How long we will keep your personal information
Your information may be stored for up to 7 years.
How your information is stored
The information is held electronically on council IT servers, with access restricted to authorised users only.
What happens if you don’t provide us with your information
If you do not provide us with your information then you will be unable to purchase a car parking permit.
Will your information be used to make automated decisions
Will this information be transferred abroad
You have a number of rights regarding your personal data, including withdrawing your consent where we have asked for it. You can also ask for a copy of the information we hold about you and ask us to correct anything that is wrong. For detailed information about your rights please see our privacy notice at www.cheshireeast.gov.uk
Page last reviewed: 08 June 2021
Thank you for your feedback.