You may get extra help if your home will be negatively affected by the road. This can include soundproofing, such as new windows. The government have produced a guide which explains when you might be able to get help. 

You might also be entitled to compensation if the road will reduce your property’s value. More information is available on Gov.UK. You may also want to consult a professional such as a surveyor or solicitor to help you.

We’re consulting with landowners affected by the scheme, and information about the compulsory land purchase and compensation process can be found on the Communities and Local Government website. The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors also provides advice on the process through the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors website.

Anyone concerned about the direct impact of the scheme on their land interests can also contact the project team for more information.

Northern Powerhouse and Growth Deals logos

Contact us

Cheshire East Council
Strategic Highways and Transportation
Poynton Relief Road
Floor 6
Delamere House
Delamere Street

Page last reviewed: 10 December 2018