Contract parking (car park season tickets)
We offer contract parking at some of our car parks. If you park in one of these car parks every day, contract parking will be cheaper than paying daily.
You can buy a contract parking permit for a year (April to March) or you can buy a quarterly permit.
Quarterly permits run January - March, April - June, July - September, and October - December. You can buy a quarterly permit at any time and pay only for the proportion of the quarter you need.
Due to limited collections/deliveries, there will be a delay in any items sent via Royal Mail.
Important points about contract parking permits
- you can only use each contract parking permit for a particular car park
- permits are normally only for a particular car
- a permit does not give you a reserved space and does not guarantee you a space
- you can only use a permit for a private car or van under 3.5T gross vehicle weight
- you must display the permit on the driver's side of the car windscreen when you are parked, or you will be liable to pay normal charges
- there is a waiting list for permits for some car parks
Contract parking locations and prices
Contract parking permit applications, renewals and changes
Apply for a car park contract parking permit
Before you apply for a contract parking permit for the first time, email our parking team or call 0300 123 5020 to check availability.
Costs vary depending on which car park you want to use. See car parks list.
We send a reminder when renewal becomes due.
To apply for or renew a permit, print and send us a contract parking permit application form (PDF, 159KB) with payment. You can apply for more than one permit on the same form.
Make sure you are happy with the contract parking terms and conditions before you apply.
Contact details for documents and payment
Change the car on a season ticket
You need a replacement permit if you change the car specified on the permit To get a new permit, you should print and send us a contract parking change of vehicle form (PDF, 151KB). There is a £12.50 charge for this change.
While you are applying for the new permit, you can use your old permit on a temporary basis if you have a unique reference number from us. To get the number, email our parking team or call us on 0300 123 5020.
You must display the number in the car with the current permit until you get a new season ticket. The number is valid for 2 weeks.
When you get your new permit, you must return the old one. We may charge you £12.50 if you do not.
Contact details for documents and payment
Replace a lost contract parking permit
If you lose your parking permit, let us know and we will send a replacement. A replacement permit costs £12.50. You can call us on 0300 123 5020 and pay by card, and we will give you a unique reference number to display in your car until you get the new permit. We will issue a new permit within 7 days.
You can also write to us with the payment.
Where to email or send parking forms and payment
You can email forms and documents to our parking team and phone 0300 123 5020 to pay by card (Monday - Friday 8.45 am to 5.00pm).
Post forms and documents to:
Cheshire East Council
Make cheques out to Cheshire East Borough Council.
Contract parking terms and conditions
- Parking contracts will be available for issue on the car parks listed in that town but can only be used for parking on the specific car park to which the contract relates.
N.B. Annual contract parking permits run from April to March. Quarterly permits run for set quarters, these may be purchased at any time but the cost will be calculated on a pro-rata basis (not applicable to renewal of existing permits).
- Subject to the availability of parking spaces, contract holders may use the car parks between the hours of 7.00am and 7.00pm Mondays to Saturdays inclusive but will NOT be entitled to the reservation of any specific parking space for their exclusive use.
- The permit is not transferable between different cars and is to be used only on the car park for which it was issued. If you are changing your vehicle permanently then you will need to have your current season ticket amended.
- Only private cars and vans under 3.5T gross vehicle weight are allowed to use the car parks.
- The permit must be displayed on the car windscreen, on the driver’s side. Vehicles not so displaying the permit are liable for payment of the normal parking charges.
- The cost of the permit is payable in advance, and payment must accompany applications.
- Either party may terminate annual contracts at any time by giving one month’s written notification. Refunds on annual contracts will be made on surrender of the permit for outstanding complete quarterly periods subject to an administration fee of £10.00. Refunds on quarterly permits will be made on surrender of the permit for outstanding complete months subject to an administration fee of £10.00.
- Applications should be made by post to Parking Services, Cheshire East Council, Municipal Buildings, Earle Street, Crewe CW1 2BJ.
- The Council reserves the right to revoke any contract if they find that the holder has misused the facilities offered.
- The conditions and regulations imposed by the Cheshire East Consolidated Off Street Parking Order shall apply to contract holders except where they may be inconsistent with these terms and conditions.
- Cheshire East Council shall not be liable for personal injury or for loss of or damage to vehicles, their accessories or contents in this car park (save for the negligence of the Council).
- Permits will normally be issued showing the registration mark of the vehicle to which it relates. Exceptionally, permits may, at the Council’s discretion, show either a Company name or two registration marks if it is deemed necessary for operational reasons. Note that any appeals against Penalty Charge Notices issued due to non display of this type of ticket will only be considered in line with our current mitigating circumstances
- The issue of replacement permits due to incorrect information given in the application form will be subject to an administration fee of £12.50.
- In the case of lost or stolen permits a replacement will be issued upon notification subject to an administration fee of £12.50.
- Notwithstanding anything herein contained the Council will instruct their attended staff to lend all possible assistance to holders of contracts.
- Please telephone (using the contact details) for current availability as some of the car parks do have a waiting list for season tickets. or if you have any other queries.
- Gas Road car park in Macclesfield is closed for approximately 2 x one week periods when the Charter Fair is in town, the season ticket may be used on Commercial Road car park during these periods.
Page last reviewed: 15 November 2022
Thank you for your feedback.