Animal feeds - feed hygiene enforcement

Cheshire East has a large farming community and there are a number of mills within the Authority that produce animal feed. Officers from Cheshire East Trading Standards carry out visits and take samples of feeding stuffs to ensure that they are wholesome and not harmful to either the animal or the human food chain.

All feed businesses, including manufacturers distributors, retailers/sellers of feed, farms using or mixing feed, hauliers that transport animal feed, or any food business that may also produce animal feed as a byproduct needs to be registered with the Local Authority.  Pet food manufacturers also need to register.

The Food Standards Agency has further advice.

Registration forms are available from:

Page last reviewed: 10 March 2020