Business Rates Annual Billing

We have issued the 2021-22 Business Rates bills for most of our properties.  If you were in receipt of Expanded Retail Discount in 2020-21, we have currently held your bill for 2021-22 whilst we update our system with the changes that the Government announced in the budget.  

Bills are dated 12 March 2021, if you have notified us of any changes in the weeks running up to 20 February 2021 we may not have updated your account yet.  You will receive your annual bill and an amended bill will be issued as soon as possible.

This page should help with your queries regarding Business Rates annual billing.

If you have a query about your bill that cannot be answered on our web pages please contact the Business Rates team.  Customers who have a Cheshire East online account will receive an email when their new bill is ready to view online. 

If you have not received an email, check your spam or junk folder. 

Check your Business Rates account and bill online - Cheshire East online account service.

What you need to do if you pay by Direct Debit

Nothing. Your direct debit details will automatically carry over to your new bill and we will collect your new instalments on the dates shown on your annual bill.

Setting up a Direct Debit to pay your Non-Domestic Rates (Business Rates)

If you're authorised as a sole signatory to sign for an amount at least equal to the total Business Rates due for the year, you can set up a direct debit by completing our online Business Rates direct debit form. You can also change between 10 and 12 monthly instalments this way.  If your bank account requires two or more signatures please download our direct debit form to complete and return to Cheshire East Council, Revenues Service, PO Box 622, Crewe, CW1 9JH.

What you need to do if you pay by Standing Order

You will need to set up the standing order with your bank to make payments into the Council's bank account, the Council's bank details are on the back of your annual bill.

My circumstances have changed but the bill shows my old information

You can tell us by using our change of circumstances online form

The postal address or the address of the property is incorrect

You can tell us by using our change of circumstances online form. If the property address requires amending, we will advise the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) to update the rating list.

I am eligible for a relief but it is not showing on my account

You can apply for reliefs and discounts by using our application form.  

Translate this page with Google translate

Contact us

Contact Business Rates online

Business Rates Team available for telephone enquiries:
Monday - Friday, 9:00 - 13:00

0300 123 5013

Revenues Service
Cheshire East Council
PO Box 622

Rate this page

We value your feedback. How do you rate this information?