FlexiLink Cheshire East flexible transport service
FlexiLink is a demand responsive transport service providing an alternative means of travel for Cheshire East residents if you have a disability, are aged 80 or over, or live beyond the reach of any other public transport.
The fare is £3 per journey or free if you have a concessionary bus pass.
All journeys must be pre-booked so that routes can be planned efficiently.
Travelling safely on FlexiLink
Our priority remains the safety of our passengers and staff, so for all on board to travel safely, we ask you to:
- Be aware that if someone in your household has tested positive for Covid-19 they MUST self-isolate. However, if you're fully vaccinated – this means 14 days have passed since your final dose of a COVID-19 vaccine given by the NHS, you do not need to isolate.
- Wear face coverings – this is strongly recommended, unless you have a medical reason and are exempt
- Wash your hands before and after travelling – there will be hand sanitiser on the vehicle for you to use before boarding
- If you need to pay your fare, please try to have the correct change for the driver once you have used the on board hand sanitiser
- Dispose of used face coverings safely, or safely store washable face coverings
What you can expect from us:
- Safety notices will be placed on minibuses, reminding everyone how to travel safely
- Before and after each journey, we will be cleaning the bus interior, including all door and grab handles, seats and seatbelts
- Drivers will wash their hands before and after each shift and use hand sanitiser, face coverings and gloves as appropriate
- If you require physical assistance from the driver with boarding or stepping down off the vehicle, our driver will be able to help with your permission, but will be unable to social distance while doing this; the driver will sanitise their hands before and after helping individuals
- Drivers will also wipe down walking aids such as frames, sticks and wheelchairs with anti-bacterial wipes before they bring them onto the minibus
- Drivers will unfortunately not be able to enter your house to carry shopping, but can assist you as far as your front door
- Drivers will receive Covid-19 training to ensure all new operational procedures and safety/hygiene measures are fully understood
- As an additional cleaning measure, disinfectant ‘fogger’ machines have been purchased to enable the rapid disinfection and air purification on vehicles and will be used daily
- Regular driver briefings will be held and feedback encouraged, helping managers review and monitor the service to inform future operations
- We will keep all operational procedures and protocols under review and take account of the latest industry and government guidance, making changes where necessary.
Hours of FlexiLink service
The core hours of the service will be between 9.30am and 2.30pm Monday to Friday.
We offer a limited service for group bookings between 8.30 and 9.30am and 2.30 and 4.30pm.
How to book on FlexiLink
Call 0300 123 5110 to book a journey (local call charges apply, calls from mobiles may cost more). The booking line is open 09:30am - 12:30pm Monday to Friday.
Customers registered to use FlexiLink may request a booking by calling us between 24 hours ahead and one month in advance of when you wish to travel. The more notice customers can provide, the more efficiently we will be able to plan each journey and route.
As with public transport, you should expect to travel with other passengers who may be going to different destinations. Journeys may often take longer than expected and you should allow for this when making a booking request.
Whilst we will try to accommodate your request, please be aware that it may not be possible to do so. If vehicles are fully booked at the time you have requested, we will discuss an alternative booking time with you.
See our FlexiLink leaflet (PDF, 1MB)
How to register as a member
We are happy to take new applications for membership. To start using the service, call the booking line on 0300 123 5110 (9:30am - 12:30pm Monday to Friday) to register your details.
Change or cancel a booking
To change or cancel a booking on FlexiLink, call 0300 123 5110 (9:30am - 12:30pm Monday to Friday). Tell us as early as possible if you need to cancel a booking as we may be able to offer the seat to another customer.
Failure to cancel an unwanted booking results in a wasted journey and could mean that another customer doesn't get the opportunity to travel on the service.
English national concessionary travel scheme (accepted on this service)
If you are disabled or of eligible age, you may be entitled to free off-peak concessionary travel on local buses anywhere in England.
Concessionary bus pass holders
You can travel free after 9.30am if you have a concessionary bus pass. Show your bus pass to the driver when you board the bus. If you are travelling before 9.30am you will need to pay half fare, currently £1.50.
If you do not have a bus pass the fare is £3 per journey.
Disabled bus pass holders
You can travel for free at any time if you have a visual impairment. You must show the driver your Cheshire East Disabled Bus Pass in the fluorescent wallet when you board the bus.
Transport Service Solutions (TSS) will contact you directly if you are an existing customer who uses a wheelchair, to make arrangements for a wheelchair assessment.