Online Planning Application Register: view and comment on applications
We need 4 working days from receipt of the documentation to validate and register new planning applications. Applications start on the date the valid documents and payment are received.
Comment on a planning application
To comment on, support or object to an application
- find the application then
- follow the 'Comment on this application' link on the relevant planning application page
Our guide to commenting on planning applications has information on what can be included.
- Comments made on planning applications are normally published for public view on this website during the application process. Comments of a personal or offensive nature are removed and not considered.
- We need 1 week to make comments available online if they are sent in on paper.
If necessary planning applications can be inspected at the relevant Council offices. Our office locations and opening hours are on the Contact Planning page.
Online Planning Register
The Online Planning Register provides details of planning applications, related documents, plans and the progress of all planning applications. It constitutes Part 1 and Part 2 of the Planning Register as required under the Town & Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended).
- External documents, plans, representations and consultation replies will not appear on the website immediately and may take a few days from receipt to become available
- Applications will not appear on the website until they have been registered and confirmed as valid
- You will need Adobe Reader to view the documents and plans. Download PDF reader free of charge from the Adobe website
Copyright notice terms
Plans, drawings and material submitted to the council are protected by the Copyright, Design and Patents Act 1988 (section 47). You may only use material which is downloaded and/or printed for consultation purposes, to compare current applications with previous schemes and to check whether developments have been completed in accordance with approved plans. Further copies must not be made without the prior permission of the copyright owner.