Paying for childcare

You can get help paying for childcare (approved childcare) if it’s provided by:

  • registered childminder, play scheme, nursery or club
  • childminder with an Ofsted-registered childminding agency
  • registered school
  • home careworker working for a registered home care agency

Help with childcare costs is available for children under 18. You might be able to apply for:

You could also get free hours childcare when your child is aged 2 to 4.

You might be able to apply for:

  • free education and childcare for 2 year olds 15 hours
  • free childcare for 3 to 4 year olds 30 hours free
  • childcare for 3 to 4 year olds

Find out more information about the Free Early Education Entitlement (FEEE) 

You can only get childcare vouchers if you have already joined a scheme. Check the rules for childcare vouchers.

Coram Family and Childcare have information on Childcare Options, for all parents, including working parents, parents who are studying and families with disabilities.

Page last reviewed: 05 February 2020

Contact details

Family Information Service
Cheshire East Council

Find a service