Go to the home page for Live Well Cheshire East
The Shared Lives Scheme is available to any vulnerable adult over 18 years old who meets Cheshire East Council’s eligibility criteria. To find out if you are eligible request an assessment.
If you are eligible, the service will offer you long-term respite or day support either in your own home or within the Shared Lives carer's family home.
You can choose to live with the family permanently, or you can go to stay with them for overnight short breaks, or just visit for a few hours per week.
Shared Lives provide;
- intermediate support - where you live with the Shared Lives carer as a member of their family
- respite support - short breaks for you and respite for the family carer
- sessional support - support in the Shared Lives Carer's home or in the community
How Shared Lives can help you
Shared Lives may offer you:
- somewhere to live
- somewhere to stay for a short break
- somewhere to go for daytime support
- some support within your own home
Choosing how Shared Lives works for you
- we will ask you about your preferred location, your educational needs, your cultural background, your social opportunities, your personality and your interests
- we will do some work in the background to try and find someone who can best meet your needs
- we will tell you when we find someone that might be right for you
- we will help you to meet them to make sure you feel comfortable
- you may need to meet a few different people before we find the right one for you, but we will help you with this
You can contact the Shared Lives team if you would like to have an informal chat before you contact social care.
Shared Lives is registered with the Care Quality Commission.
Shared Lives carers needed
If you are interested in becoming a Shared Lives carer please contact the Shared Lives team
Experience is not essential as we provide training and on-going support and supervision.
All our workers are subject to an approval process; this involves individual assessment, DBS check, references, medical checks and induction training sessions.