Support for arts and culture
Cheshire East Council’s goal for culture is to transform lives and places through access to great culture. Find out more about the Council's priorities for culture in the Cultural Framework (PDF, 791KB.)
Services provided include:
- strategic arts planning and funding
- arts funding advice
- networking opportunities - advice and opportunities for exhibitors and performers/special events
- information for artists, arts organisations and community groups
- promotion of cultural and community events and support for event organisers
- training and development
We support theatre through the Rural Touring Network and own the Lyceum Theatre in Crewe.
We have also set up a variety of projects for children and young people.
Crewe Town Centre Regeneration Programme
Cheshire East Council is advancing plans for Crewe to be the location of a new state-of-the art history centre to co-host the region’s archive. More information is on the Crewe History Centre page.
The council is also a proud contributor to the Crewe Cultural Strategy, which seeks to support regeneration and put culture and heritage at the heart of a newly invigorated Crewe town centre. More information and a copy of the strategy can be found by on the Crewe Town Centre Regeneration Programme page.
For more information on support for arts, culture and events, contact us on the details below:
- Cultural Economy Manager Tel: 01270 686089
- Cultural Economy Development Manager Tel: 01270 686090 / 686915
- Events Manager Tel: 01270 686785 / 07834 342979
Page last reviewed: 27 July 2021
Thank you for your feedback.