Congleton Link Road
The Congleton Link Road opened to traffic on 16 April 2021
The Congleton link road will joined the A534 Sandbach Road (to the west of Congleton) with the A536 Macclesfield Road (to the north of the town). You can see a map of the Congleton link road (PDF, 3.7MB).
The Link road will reduce town centre traffic congestion, cut pollution, and improve air quality, benefiting people’s health and the environment.
The scheme will bring economic and social regeneration to Congleton by supporting new development sites and improving access to jobs at Radnor Park Industrial Estate and Congleton Business Park.
Graham Construction were appointed by the Council to deliver the Congleton Link Road.
Outline project timeline:
- Ground Investigation works - commenced October 2018
- Detailed Design - commenced October 2018
- Utility Diversions - commence - January 2019
- Ecological Management works - commence January 2019
- Site Compounds established - March 2019
- Main Earthworks works commence - March 2019
- Back Lane East, Somerford, complete - June 2019
- Full Scheme complete - Spring 2021