Landowner statements and register (Section 15A) 

Section 15A of the Commons Act 2006 allows landowners to make a deposit to bring an end to any period during which persons may have indulged as of right in lawful sports and pastimes on the land.  However, this only applies if no application to register a village green is successfully made within a year of the date of deposit.

If a landowner statement is accepted on to the register, and the landowner renews their declaration at intervals of less than 20 year, any public use of the land during the period of the declaration(s) will not count towards the 20 years necessary to establish new rights, effectively preventing new town or village greens coming into existence in the future.  

Landowner statements under Section 15A of the Commons Act 2006 can be made via the formal application form CA16.

New deposits can be posted to;
The Estates Service
Cheshire East Council
Crewe Municipal Buildings
Earle Street
CW1 2BJ 

Or, emailed to

Once acknowledged and formally accepted by the Authority, the landowner statement becomes a public document and is available for inspection on our online register below. In addition, as part of the application process, we are required to make the applicants name and address public via notice. 

View our privacy notice for further information.

Landowner Statements and Register

Landowner Statements and Register
CE deposit ref.NoNearest townTitle of landLandowner(s) name and addressDeposit noticeNotice mapDeclaration and deposit date
1 Alsager 3 x parcels Land at Fannys Croft, Audley Road, Alsager, Stoke-on-Trent, ST7 2UH

Mr John Mark Edwards, of Hilcote Farm, Eccleshall, Stafford, ST21 6JX;

Mrs Amanda Jane Gray, of Riverside Farm, Chebsey, Stafford, ST21 6JU;

Mrs Susan Louise Sant, of Chorlton Green Farm, Chapel Chorlton, Newcastle, Staffordshire, ST5 5JN

Form CA16 Land at Audley Road Alsager 

(PDF, 2MB)

Form CA16 Land at Audley Road Alsager Map (PDF, 727KB)

17 July 2015



Landowner deposits can be made relating to public rights of way under s31(6) of the Highways Act 1980. These are processed differently and are published on a separate register.

Refer to Landowner declarations - s31 deposits ( for more information.     

Page last reviewed: 30 October 2023