Complaints and compliments about social care
Customer information - Coronavirus
Following the changes to Government advice, the Compliance & Customer Relations Team are working from home. We will therefore not be able to collect correspondence sent via post. All our services remain up and running as normal with staff working from home. Please contact the team electronically using the links below.
We want you to tell us what you think about our services, we like to know when we are getting things right, but we also need to know when there are problems. If we have made mistakes, or could have done things better, please tell us;
- listen to what you have to say, investigate your concerns and take action where we can
- we will make sure that only the people who need to know are involved in investigating your concern and taking action and only relevant information is shared
- we will write to you summarising your complaint and tell you who is investigating your complaint, you can contact this person at any time to discuss your concerns
- if you tell us about a crime or something that will affect the safety of another person, we cannot keep this confidential – but we can help you to make sure the right people are told and the right action is taken
Responding to complaints
- usually we can sort a concern out straight away
- complaints requiring a formal response will be responded to within 10 working days
- a more complicated complaint may take up to 20 working days for us to investigate. We will let you know if this happens
If you are still unhappy
If you are not happy with our response to your complaint, you can contact the Local Government Ombudsman. You have one year after our investigation to do this.
For further information about how we deal with complaints:
Page last reviewed: 15 November 2021
Thank you for your feedback.