Royal Arcade redevelopment
Following a comprehensive procurement exercise, Peveril Securities has been selected as the Council’s development partner for the Royal Arcade scheme. A Development Agreement was signed in October 2020 to deliver a mixed-use development on the site that will include a new bus station, multi-storey car park, cinema, restaurants, public realm, leisure and retail uses.
Royal Arcade Development Site Timeline
- Site Demolition Programme - October 2020 - May 2021
- Planning Application Submission - Spring 2021
- Bus Station and Multi-Storey Car Park Construction Commences - Winter 2021/2022
- Interim Bus Station Operational - Summer 2022
- Bus Station and Multi-Storey Car Park Construction Complete - Spring 2023
- Delivery of the commercial element of the scheme is programmed to follow the opening of the new bus station and multi-storey car park subject to market conditions.
Further information and regular updates can be found on Peveril Securities’ website for the Royal Arcade redevelopment scheme.