Cheshire East public transport news and notices
Last updated 8 January 2020:
Bus services must be registered with between 42 and 70 days notice, although registrations may be granted at short notice. GOV.UK has more information about running local bus services and penalties for poor service.
In the UK bus routes are required to be registered under the Transport Act 1985. You can find details of registered routes at:
Bus operators and complaints
Contact the operator for further information regarding individual services and fare information:
Bus service changes in date order
Monday 27 January 2020 D&G 130
Sunday 26 January 2020
- 37A Arriva Crewe – Sandbach – Winsford / Northwich: service 37A – 6:20 journey to now operate at 6:15 from Northwich to Sandbach. Due to financial constraints the Council will not be updating the 37A bus stop timetables until the next financial year from April 2020.
- 84 Arriva Crewe – Chester: reduced to a 20 minute frequency on Saturdays between Crewe and Nantwich. Due to financial constraints the Council will not be updating the 84 bus stop timetables until the next financial year from April 2020.
- 130 Arriva Macclesfield – East Didsbury: registration cancelled, service withdrawn.
319 Roadworks 6 January to 27 March 2020
- 319 Sandbach - Holmes Chapel - Allostock - Goostrey: Roadworks will affect service 319 from 6 January to 27 March 2020. Buses will be unable to serve New Platt Lane between Allostock and Goostrey, and will divert via A50 and Goostrey Lane.
Wednesday 1 January 2020 D&G Fare changes
Christmas service changes 23 December 2019 to 2 January 2020
- There will be changes to most bus services over the Christmas and New Year period with early finishes and Saturday / Sunday timetables in operation on some days. Please check with the bus operators for full details (contact details above).
FlexiLink Christmas and New Year Operation
- Christmas Day Wednesday 25 - closed, no service
- Boxing Day Thursday 26 - closed, no service
- Friday 27 - normal service, booking line closed
- New Years Day Wednesday 1 January - closed, no service
- If you have any queries please telephone 0300 123 5110 between 9.30am and 12.30pm.
Monday 12 August 2019 road closure, service 391, 392
- Moggie Lane in Poynton is closed until further notice for bridge reconstruction. Services 391 and 392 are being diverted via Brookledge Lane and London Road South. Buses cannot currently serve The Miners Arms.
Road closures, gritting and disruption information
You can view all the roadworks and road closures in East Cheshire on the Cheshire East highways roadworks page.
Passengers and commuters are recommended to follow Cheshire East Highway's Twitter account to receive the latest information on Highway and Transport issues for East Cheshire:
You can also track your bus in real time with the operators listed below
During severe weather passengers and drivers are advised to check the weather forecast for Cheshire or visit the Met Office website for details of the latest weather forecast and weather warnings so they can make an informed decision before travelling.
Passengers can find bus stop timetable displays at over 1220 bus stops in Cheshire East. Where possible we try to update the bus stop displays the day before a service change; although this can be a few days either side on occasion. Each display has a date at the top to show when it was last updated.
Across Cheshire East 673 stops have raised kerbs installed to make boarding and alighting easier for disabled passengers and passengers with pushchairs.
Please report any errors / queries using the Bus stop infrastructure and timetable display reporting form or phone 0300 123 5500 (Monday to Friday 9:00 - 16:00).
Public transport is now provided by Transport Service Solutions (TSS) - a company owned and controlled by Cheshire East Council.