Cheshire East public transport news and notices
Last updated 17 October 2019:
Bus services must be registered with between 42 and 70 days notice, although registrations may be granted at short notice. GOV.UK has more information about running local bus services and penalties for poor service.
In the UK bus routes are required to be registered under the Transport Act 1985. You can find details of registered routes at:
Bus operators and complaints
Contact the operator for further information regarding individual services and fare information:
Bus service changes in date order
You can order Cheshire East bus timetables to your home address or pick one up from Cheshire East libraries.
Christmas service changes 23 December 2019 to 2 January 2020
- There will be changes to most bus services over the Christmas and New Year period with early finishes and Saturday / Sunday timetables in operation on some days. Please check with the bus operators for full details (contact details above).
Sunday 27 October 2019 - Daylight saving ends, clocks go back
Sunday 27 October 2019 - D&G 88
- 88, 188 D&G Bus PC1090231/135 Knutsford - Altrincham: timetable revised as a result of TfGM funding being withdrawn. Altrincham to Wilmslow 19.00 Sun and 21.00, 23.00 daily withdrawn. Sun 0746 from Halebarns to Wilmslow withdrawn. Wilmslow to Altrincham 19.29 and 21.29 daily withdrawn. 1815 journey from Macclesfield no longer runs through to Altrincham and now terminates at Wilmslow. Saturday Altrincham to Wilmslow 1900 journey retimed to 1910 and the Saturday Wilmslow to Altrincham 1929 journey retimed to 1939.
Monday 14 - Thursday 24 October 2019 - D&G 8, 12 and 85
- Roadworks will affect service 8 and 12 between 0930 and 1530 on weekdays from 14 to 24 October 2019. Buses operating via Hightown will instead operate via Prince Albert Street.
- Roadworks will affect service 85 between 0930 and 1530 on weekdays from 14 to 24 October 2019. Buses will be unable to serve Victoria Street or Hightown in Crewe Town Centre.
Monday 12 August 2019 road closure, service 391, 392
- Moggie Lane in Poynton is closed until further notice for bridge reconstruction. From Monday 12 August services 391, 392 will be diverted via Skelhorn Green Lane, Street Lane, A523 and Dickens Lane. Delays to services can be expected and this diversion is subject to Skelhorn Green Lane reopening this weekend.
Road closures, gritting and disruption information
You can view all the roadworks and road closures in East Cheshire on the Cheshire East highways roadworks page.
Passengers and commuters are recommended to follow Cheshire East Highway's Twitter account to receive the latest information on Highway and Transport issues for East Cheshire:
You can also track your bus in real time with the operators listed below
During severe weather passengers and drivers are advised to check the weather forecast for Cheshire or visit the Met Office website for details of the latest weather forecast and weather warnings so they can make an informed decision before travelling.
Passengers can find bus stop timetable displays at over 1220 bus stops in Cheshire East. Where possible we try to update the bus stop displays the day before a service change; although this can be a few days either side on occasion. Each display has a date at the top to show when it was last updated.
Across Cheshire East 673 stops have raised kerbs installed to make boarding and alighting easier for disabled passengers and passengers with pushchairs.
Please report any errors / queries using the Bus stop infrastructure and timetable display reporting form or phone 0300 123 5500 (Monday to Friday 9:00 - 16:00).
Public transport is now provided by Transport Service Solutions (TSS) - a company owned and controlled by Cheshire East Council.