Cheshire East public transport news and notices
Last updated 12 November 2019:
Bus services must be registered with between 42 and 70 days notice, although registrations may be granted at short notice. GOV.UK has more information about running local bus services and penalties for poor service.
In the UK bus routes are required to be registered under the Transport Act 1985. You can find details of registered routes at:
Bus operators and complaints
Contact the operator for further information regarding individual services and fare information:
Bus service changes in date order
You can order Cheshire East bus timetables to your home address or pick one up from Cheshire East libraries.
Christmas service changes 23 December 2019 to 2 January 2020
- There will be changes to most bus services over the Christmas and New Year period with early finishes and Saturday / Sunday timetables in operation on some days. Please check with the bus operators for full details (contact details above).
Sunday 17 November 2019 - First fare increase
Friday 8, Monday 11 and 12 November 2019 - D&G 12
Roadworks will affect D&G service 12 between 0930am and 1530pm on 8, 11 and 12 November 2019: Buses will be unable to serve Rail House on Gresty Road.
Friday 8 November 2019 - 391, 392
There are delays to the 391, 392 service today due to a break down and broken window. Please contact the operator to check your journey is operating on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0161 946 9255.
Monday 4 November 2019 - Arriva 84
- Wistaston Road, Willaston will be closed from 4 November for 10 days. Service 84 will operate directly along Crewe Road and will be unable to serve Willaston.
Monday 4 - Friday 8 November 2019 - D&G 317
- Roadworks will affect D&G service 317 from 4 to 8 November 2019: Buses will be unable to serve Warmingham Road in Coppenhall between the junctions of Broughton Road and Groby Road. Due to the diversion being of a significant length this may cause delays to buses along the full length of the route.
Thursday 31 October to Thursday 14 November 2019 - Services 391, 392
- Chester Road in Poynton will be closed for resurfacing from 31 October to 14 November. Services 391 and 392 will be diverted via London Road North and Dean Lane. Chester Road and Woodford will not be served.
Monday 28 October to Friday 1 November 2019 - D&G 317
- Roadworks will affect D&G service 317 from 28 October to 1 November 2019: Buses serving Linley Road in Alsager will divert via Linley Grove and Barratt Road.
Sunday 27 October 2019 - D&G 88
- 88, 188 D&G Bus PC1090231/135 Knutsford - Altrincham (PDF, 316kb): timetable revised as a result of TfGM funding being withdrawn. Altrincham to Wilmslow 19.00 Sun and 21.00, 23.00 daily withdrawn. Sun 0746 from Halebarns to Wilmslow withdrawn. Wilmslow to Altrincham 19.29 and 21.29 daily withdrawn. 1815 journey from Macclesfield no longer runs through to Altrincham and now terminates at Wilmslow. Saturday Altrincham to Wilmslow 1900 journey retimed to 1910 and the Saturday Wilmslow to Altrincham 1929 journey retimed to 1939.
Saturday 26 October 2019 - Sunday 15 December 2019 - Arriva 4 and High Peak 19
- The junction of Prestbury Road, Priory Lane and Macclesfield Road will be closed every weekend until Sunday 15 December and every day during October half term week.
- Arriva service 4 will divert via Kennedy Avenue and Priory Lane.
- High Peak service 19 will serve as far as Greenside Estate and will be unable to serve Prestbury Village.
Monday 12 August 2019 road closure, service 391, 392
- Moggie Lane in Poynton is closed until further notice for bridge reconstruction. Services 391 and 392 are being diverted via Brookledge Lane and London Road South. Buses cannot currently serve The Miners Arms.
Road closures, gritting and disruption information
You can view all the roadworks and road closures in East Cheshire on the Cheshire East highways roadworks page.
Passengers and commuters are recommended to follow Cheshire East Highway's Twitter account to receive the latest information on Highway and Transport issues for East Cheshire:
You can also track your bus in real time with the operators listed below
During severe weather passengers and drivers are advised to check the weather forecast for Cheshire or visit the Met Office website for details of the latest weather forecast and weather warnings so they can make an informed decision before travelling.
Passengers can find bus stop timetable displays at over 1220 bus stops in Cheshire East. Where possible we try to update the bus stop displays the day before a service change; although this can be a few days either side on occasion. Each display has a date at the top to show when it was last updated.
Across Cheshire East 673 stops have raised kerbs installed to make boarding and alighting easier for disabled passengers and passengers with pushchairs.
Please report any errors / queries using the Bus stop infrastructure and timetable display reporting form or phone 0300 123 5500 (Monday to Friday 9:00 - 16:00).
Public transport is now provided by Transport Service Solutions (TSS) - a company owned and controlled by Cheshire East Council.