Cheshire East public transport news and notices
TSS service update
Due to the ongoing Covid -19 virus pandemic and Government instructions for people to work from home and self isolate, TSS has had to reduce or suspend some of the services it provides. We are sorry for the inconvenience this will cause but we hope to have the services running again as soon as we are able to do so.
The Crewe, Macclesfield, Nantwich and Congleton Shopmobility Services are now closed until further notice. We understand that wheelchairs and scooters may be available to use at larger supermarkets.
The Customer Centres at Macclesfield Town Hall and Delamere House and all Libraries are now closed and therefore they are no longer able to process bus pass applications. Any bus pass applications TSS has already received will be processed as normal.
From Thursday 26 March all English National Travel Concessionary bus pass holders are allowed to travel free of charge before 9.30am. This follows a directive from the Government that recognises that many shops are now allowing the elderly and ‘at risk’ groups dedicated access before 9.30am. All bus operators have been informed about these changes and asked to update their staff of the changes.
Changes to bus timetables – check before you travel
Bus operators may need to change bus services at short notice each day. You should check on the bus operators’ websites for details about individual bus services.
See the operators websites for information regarding individual services and fare information:
Last updated 19 March 2020:
Bus services must be registered with between 42 and 70 days notice, although registrations may be granted at short notice. GOV.UK has more information about running local bus services and penalties for poor service.
In the UK bus routes are required to be registered under the Transport Act 1985. You can find details of registered routes at:
Bus service changes in date order
Saturday 2 May 2020
- 130 D&G Bus Macclesfield - Handforth: registration cancelled, service withdrawn.
Sunday 19 April 2020
- 199 Skyline High Peak PC0001086/53 Buxton to Manchester Airport: the change involves adjusting the times of the afternoon and evening peak weekday timetable to improve reliability.
Saturday 4 April 2020 Passenger notice
All bus service changes that were due to take place on 4 April have been deferred.
78 Mikro Coaches Nantwich - Leighton Hospital cancelled
The last day of operation will be Friday 20 March 2020.
First Potteries - Service 3
First Potteries will operate a Saturday schedule on Service 3 on Monday to Friday from Monday 23 March 2020
Thursday 12 March Middlewich Road will be closed for 6 days 09:30 - 14:30
- Services 37, 37A have been advised to divert via Station Road, Elworth Road, Hind Heath Road and Crewe Road.
- Service 317 will have access to serve the estates.
Sunday 16 February to Thursday 19 March roadworks - D&G 12
- Roadworks will affect service 12 between 09:30 and 15:30 from 16 February to 19 March 2020. Buses will be unable to serve the stop on Rope Lane at The Vine in Shavington. All other stops will be served as normal.
Monday 27 January 2020 D&G 130
Sunday 26 January 2020
- 37A Arriva Crewe – Sandbach – Winsford / Northwich: service 37A – 6:20 journey to now operate at 6:15 from Northwich to Sandbach. Due to financial constraints the Council will not be updating the 37A bus stop timetables until the next financial year from April 2020.
- 84 Arriva Crewe – Chester: reduced to a 20 minute frequency on Saturdays between Crewe and Nantwich. Due to financial constraint the Council will not be updating the 84 bus stop timetables until the next financial year from April 2020.
- 130 Arriva Macclesfield – East Didsbury: registration cancelled, service withdrawn.
319 Roadworks 6 January to 27 March 2020
- 319 Sandbach - Holmes Chapel - Allostock - Goostrey: Roadworks will affect service 319 from 6 January to 27 March 2020. Buses will be unable to serve New Platt Lane between Allostock and Goostrey, and will divert via A50 and Goostrey Lane.
Road closures, gritting and disruption information
You can view all the roadworks and road closures in East Cheshire on the Cheshire East highways roadworks page.
Passengers and commuters are recommended to follow Cheshire East Highway's Twitter account to receive the latest information on Highway and Transport issues for East Cheshire:
You can track your bus in real time with these operators
During severe weather passengers and drivers are advised to check the weather forecast for Cheshire or visit the Met Office website for details of the latest weather forecast and weather warnings so they can make an informed decision before travelling.
Passengers can find bus stop timetable displays at over 1190 bus stops in Cheshire East. We try to update displays at bus stops the day before a service change but this can be a few days either side. We put the date at the top of each display to show when it was last updated.
Across Cheshire East 676 stops have raised kerbs installed to make boarding and alighting easier for disabled passengers and passengers with pushchairs.
You can report any errors / queries using the Bus stop infrastructure and timetable display reporting form or phone 0300 123 5500 (Monday to Friday 9:00 - 16:00).
Public transport is now provided by Transport Service Solutions (TSS) - a company owned and controlled by Cheshire East Council.