Cheshire East public transport news and notices
Last updated 16 August 2019:
Bus services must be registered with between 42 and 70 days notice, although registrations may be granted at short notice. GOV.UK has more information about running local bus services and penalties for poor service.
In the UK bus routes are required to be registered under the Transport Act 1985. You can find details of registered routes at:
Bus operators and complaints
Contact the operator for further information regarding individual services and fare information:
Cheshire East Flexible Transport Service
From 5 August 2019, Transport Service Solutions (TSS) will take over the running of Cheshire East Council’s flexible transport operation, previously known as Little Bus. The new service will be called FlexiLink and will continue to operate across the borough and will ensure support for residents who are disabled, over the age of 80, or who live beyond the reach of any other public transport.
The core hours of the new service will be between 9.30am to 2.30pm on weekdays, a strong preference expressed during recent public consultations. A limited service is available for group bookings between 8.30 and 9.30am and 2.30 and 4.30pm.
This change will allow the service to be combined with the current school transport operations of Transport Service Solutions (TSS), allowing both services to be delivered more cost effectively and safeguarding the future of the flexible transport service.
FlexiLink Flexible Transport FAQs
Concessionary bus pass scheme – update regarding new system 23/04/19:
We have been issuing new passes to passengers who hold either an older persons or disabled persons pass since 5 November and all passengers should now have received their new passes.
Most on-bus ticket machines (ETMs) will accept the new passes, however some operators haven't updated the data on all their ticket machines yet and in some areas the new passes will not scan.
We have been working with these bus operators to speed up the updates and their drivers have been instructed to allow passengers to travel as long as they have a valid and legible pass while the software updates are processed as per the scheme terms and conditions.
The changes have been made to save money and speed up pass issue. Cheshire East Council now manages its own Concessionary Bus Pass Scheme. In order to change to this new system, it has been necessary to replace all current passes. Even after we have replaced all the passes, we will still make savings year on year.
Cheshire East passes are no longer valid for journeys into Wales.
The new passes can be identified by a black Cheshire East Council logo.
Bus service changes in date order
You can order Cheshire East bus timetables to your home address or pick one up from Cheshire East libraries.
Christmas service changes 23 December 2019 to 2 January 2020
- There will be changes to most bus services over the Christmas and New Year period with early finishes and Saturday / Sunday timetables in operation on some days. Please check with the bus operators for full details (contact details above).
Sunday 8 to Saturday 28 September 2019 Road closure, service 8
- Electricity Street and Alton Street will be closed between 8 and 28 September. D&G service 8 will operate via Hightown and Flag Lane before rejoining Alton Street.
Tuesday 3 September 2019
- SN35 Holmeswood Coaches Knutsford - St Nicholas Catholic High School: service withdrawn, registration cancelled.
Monday 2 September 2019
- 78 Mikro Coaches Nantwich - Leighton Hospital: route and timetable revised to improve reliability due to traffic and congestion. Service now operates direct along Church Lane and Valley Road and no longer serves Kings Drive, Broughton Lane and Shelley Drive.
Sunday 1 September 2019
August Bank Holiday Monday 26 August 2019
- Services are subject to change with a Sunday / BH service in operation on some routes. Please contact the operator for exact details.
Friday 23 August 2019 Road closure, service T3
- Roadworks will affect the Offerton Free Bus on 23 August 2019: Buses will be unable to serve Park Lane, Bulkeley Road, Clumber Road, Dickens Lane or London Road South in Poynton.
Wednesday 21 August 2019 Warmingham Road, service 317
- Warmingham Road will be closed for drainage investigation work between 21 – 23 August. Service 317 will be diverted via Broughton Road, North Street, Remer Street and Groby Road. Delays to services can be expected.
Monday 19 August 2019 Chapel Lane, Wilmslow service 88
- Chapel Lane, Wilmslow is closed until 2 September 2019 for major roadworks. Service 88 will be diverting via Buckingham Road and Water Lane and will not serve the Sainsburys / Coach & Four stops. Alternative stops can be located on Water Lane.
Monday 12 - 16 August 2019 Road closure, service 317
- Roadworks will affect service 317 from 12 to 16 August 2019: Buses will be unable to serve Wood Drive, Derwent Close or Dunnocksfold Road in Alsager.
Monday 12 - 15 August 2019 Road closure, service 318
- Roadworks will affect service 318 from 12 to 15 August 2019: Buses will be unable to serve Stone Chair Lane, Congleton Road North or Station Road in Scholar Green. Buses which operate between Scholar Green and Astbury via A34 will divert via New Road.
Monday 12 August 2019 Road closure, service 391, 392
- Moggie Lane in Poynton is closed until further notice for bridge reconstruction. From Monday 12 August services 391, 392 will be diverted via Skelhorn Green Lane, Street Lane, A523 and Dickens Lane. Delays to services can be expected and this diversion is subject to Skelhorn Green Lane reopening this weekend.
Monday 22 July to Sunday 25 August 2019 Road closure, Arriva and D&G services 4, 5, 6
- Roadworks will affect Arriva and D&G services 4, 5, 6 from 22 July to 25 August 2019: Buses will be unable to serve the Bollinbrook Road or Westminster Road in Macclesfield. All other stops will be served as normal.
Road closures, gritting and disruption information
You can view all the roadworks and road closures in East Cheshire on the Cheshire East highways roadworks page.
Passengers and commuters are recommended to follow Cheshire East Highway's Twitter account to receive the latest information on Highway and Transport issues for East Cheshire:
You can also track your bus in real time with the operators listed below
During severe weather passengers and drivers are advised to check the weather forecast for Cheshire or visit the Met Office website for details of the latest weather forecast and weather warnings so they can make an informed decision before travelling.
Passengers can find bus stop timetable displays at over 1231 bus stops in Cheshire East. Where possible we try to update the bus stop displays the day before a service change; although this can be a few days either side on occasion. Each display has a date at the top to show when it was last updated.
Across Cheshire East 648 stops have raised kerbs installed to make boarding and alighting easier for disabled passengers and passengers with pushchairs.
Please report any errors / queries using the Bus stop infrastructure and timetable display reporting form or phone 0300 123 5500 (Monday to Friday 9:00 - 16:00).
Public transport is now provided by Transport Service Solutions (TSS) - a company owned and controlled by Cheshire East Council.