Site TS 3: Land at former brickworks, A50 Newcastle Road
Land at the former brickworks, A50 Newcastle Road is allocated for two additional Travelling Showperson plots. Development proposals for this site must:
- retain the existing hedgerows and incorporate a comprehensive landscaping scheme that provides for appropriate boundary treatments;
- secure and maintain appropriate visibility splays and access arrangements onto the A50;
- demonstrate through a noise impact assessment that external and internal noise impacts can be acceptably minimised through appropriate mitigation;
- use permeable materials as hardstanding and provide a drainage strategy to prevent surface run-off from the site; and
- undertake a phase 1 and 2 contaminated land assessment.
12.127 The intensification of use is supported on this site to meet the accommodation needs of Travelling Showpeople. Occupation of any development will be restricted to persons complying with the definition of Travelling Showpeople, and conditions will be imposed to permanently govern the occupation of the site.
12.128 A noise impact assessment should be prepared to consider the impact from the A50. No commercial activities shall take place on the land, including the storage and sorting of materials, other than as necessary for the use as a Travelling Showpersons site. Travelling Showperson plots should avoid conflict between vehicles and residents through an appropriate layout of the site.
12.129 There is an expectation of adequate on-site essential services and utilities being provided, in line with the principles set out in SADPD Policy HOU 7 'Gypsy and Traveller and Travelling Showperson site principles' and LPS Policy SC 7 ‘Gypsies and Travellers and Travelling Showpeople’.
Previous page: Site TS 2 'Land at Fir Farm, Brereton' | Cheshire East Local Plan policy index