Track betting licences

We are asking customers to only submit essential applications. Please be aware that it may take some time to review and process your application. You should expect most applications to take longer than normal to process.

Before a person or company can offer betting facilities on a sporting event, they must first obtain a licence.

The licence permits the premises to be used for the provision of facilities for betting, but does not permit the licence holder to provide casino, bingo or other types of gambling on tracks, as these activities are the subject of separate premises licences.

Licences may be:

These notices can only be used for eight days or less in a calendar year.

As of the 8 January 2018 any application you make in person at one of Contact Centres must be done by appointment. To make an appointment please call Cheshire East Customer Services on 0300 123 5015. Cheques must be made payable to ‘Cheshire East Council’


Contact us to apply for an occasional use notice

Different types of betting can take place in relation to tracks, these are often divided into:

  •  On-course betting
  •  Off-course betting


Contact us for information on fees for occasional use notices

Contact us

Contact Licensing

Call our Licensing Customer Service Team on 0300 123 5015 during office hours, 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday, if you're unable to use our forms.

Licensing Team
Cheshire East Council

Regulatory Services and Health C/O
Delamere House, Delamere Street


Page last reviewed: 02 December 2021