Live Well Cheshire East home page
Drug and substance misuse
If you are worried about your own drug use or the drug use of a friend or family member, you can seek confidential information, advice and counselling from the Cheshire East Substance Misuse Service.
Cheshire East substance misuse service: Stepping Stones
- Macclesfield site: The Barnabas Centre, Brook Street, Macclesfield, SK11 7AA. Tel 01625 422100.
- Crewe site: Cheshire East Substance Misuse Service, Catherine House, Eaton Street, Crewe, CW2 7EG. Tel 01270 656301.
- Stepping Stones Service
- Stepping Stones Leaflet
The service is delivered collaboratively with a range of providers including Cheshire and Wirral NHS Trust, Acorn Recovery Project, Intuitive Recovery and Emerging Futures. The service is all-age (adults and young people) with a focus on recovery from drug and alcohol misuse rather than a service model that hold people in treatment services.
The Stepping Stones service is available for the residents Cheshire East and is an all age service is available for both young people and adults. The eligibility criteria is as follows:
- Any age, gender, sexuality, race, religion
- Any substance (drugs and alcohol)
- Must reside in the Cheshire East locality
- Need to be registered with a GP (prescriptions can’t be provided if not registered with a GP)
Referrals can be made by anyone with the individual’s permission (self-referral, GP, Social Care, Hospital, Schools, employers, family and friends). The service accepts referrals for all drugs including new drugs such as performance / image enhancing and prescription medications. National support and information is available from: