Licensing for events

Your Local Authority is the regulatory body responsible for the issue of licences and the enforcement action in relation to the following activities:

Authorisation must be sought before you can provide one or more of the above activities.

If your event is a small-scale one-off event (499 people or less including event staff) involving licensable activities you will need a Temporary Event Notice.

If your event is likely to attract 500 or more visitors (this number to include event staff) and will involve you providing any of the licensing activities above you will need to apply for a Premise Licence.

If you wish to provide Gambling or Gaming (this includes lotteries) you may need additional permissions under the Gambling Act 2005.

Additional related information is available on the Licensing section of this website.

Contact us

0300 123 5015

Cheshire East Council
Municipal Buildings
Earle Street


Call in to our Customer Service Centres

Page last reviewed: 02 December 2021